Punkin Chunkin

You don't need me to tic off the reasons. Nerdy. Not hip. Call it whatever you want but punkin chuckin like pumpkin cooking is cooler than band in the camera's eye.

I agree with you. If a television producer thought his high school band was nerdy, he/she would probably still feel that way about drum corps...except it would be even nerdier. When Blast! hit Chicago the first time, the Chicago Tribune ran a large two-page spread on it, titling it, "Revenge of the Band Nerds." And that was for a glowing, positive article.

Fire, explosions, giant robots, destruction, catfights, crying, adultery, medium-sized robots, smoke, tigers, snookie, magic, menudo... that is just the short list of what DCI could consider adding if they're going to play.

Didn't you just describe the plot for a typical "Family Guy" episode?

Fire, explosions, giant robots, destruction, catfights, crying, adultery, medium-sized robots, smoke, tigers, snookie, magic, menudo... that is just the short list of what DCI could consider adding if they're going to play.

"Presenting their 2012 program, "Mythbusters: Jamie Wants Big Boom..."

"Presenting their 2012 program, "Mythbusters: Jamie Wants Big Boom..."

Ha! LOL.

How 'bout this: "Tonight, American Pickers pick apart BD's show by looking for junk in the garage the corps will build on the field..."

You should start a new thread around this theme.

Edited by garfield

so, you're saying a lot of time on the guard and staff busses?

• Like 1

You do not know me personally at all, so how can you determine that I see everything as black/white? Taste, for example, is very relative; so is entertainment. However, the phrase Major League (in every claimed Major League activity except DCI) applies to actual Paid Adult Professionals, not only as coaches/instructors, but as Paid Adult Professional Players/Performers. So yeah, to me, the Professional term Major League does not come close to describing the DCI activity.

Stu, one has to read your posts on here to see you demand very specific black and white.

and sorry, but DCI...and i'll use big letters...is THE MAJOR LEAGUE OF ALL MARCHING ARTS ACTIVITIES.

ya know, the AWA used to call itself the major leagues of professional wrestling. This was when they showed the same shows on ESPN every day at 4 pm, performing in front of at best 2000 fans a show.

Meanwhile the WWF was selling out major arenas and stadiums and helping to pioneer the pay per view industry.

so who was really the major league?

DCI has been filling big stadiums for 40 years. They've been on tv and live telecasts to hundreds of movie theaters across the nation. No other marching arts can claim more than a webcast of their big event

That would be the 2013 show..."Yard Sale"

so the house from 2011 would be needed again?

so the house from 2011 would be needed again?

You know, a marching band in my neck of the woods (Southern CA) bought their 'house' and used it in their field show this year. I was walking around a parking lot at our last show of the season, and did a double take when I saw some of their students & 'pit crew' dads pulling those things around. I never saw their show, and don't know how they used them (well, I know they obviously had a house on the field, but I don't know what their show was) but it was definitely a little weird seeing them again.

**edit**

Here's the show if you want to check it out:

Edited by perc2100

You know, a marching band in my neck of the woods (Southern CA) bought their 'house' and used it in their field show this year. I was walking around a parking lot at our last show of the season, and did a double take when I saw some of their students & 'pit crew' dads pulling those things around. I never saw their show, and don't know how they used them (well, I know they obviously had a house on the field, but I don't know what their show was) but it was definitely a little weird seeing them again.

**edit**

Here's the show if you want to check it out:

I remember in the mid 90's Montrose HS in PA did the SCV shows...I know 94 was one of them, props and all. was kind of shocking to see