The Bridgemen Alumni Official Finals Week Petition

How cool would it be if DCI offered them the Friday night after semis spot?

Can't speak for you all but I'd love it worthy.gif

• Like 7

Where do I sign?

• Like 3

IT IS bad enough at the end of ALLENTOWN.

I LIKE THE BRIDGEMEN BUT THE SHOW IS TOO LONG , too cheesy for 2012 , AND THE FIRE IS OUT,

SORRY.

PHANTOM

CAVIES

NLUE DEVILS THEN

THE BRIDGEMEN ALUMNI ?????

DONT DO IT. PLEASE.....

If they want to compete and perform at big shows join DCA.

• Like 8

IT IS bad enough at the end of ALLENTOWN.

I LIKE THE BRIDGEMEN BUT THE SHOW IS TOO LONG , too cheesy for 2012 , AND THE FIRE IS OUT,

SORRY.

PHANTOM

CAVIES

NLUE DEVILS THEN

THE BRIDGEMEN ALUMNI ?????

DONT DO IT. PLEASE.....

If they want to compete and perform at big shows join DCA.

Star alumni playing when you wish upon a star was cheesy but it was still very entertaining.

perhaps more than one alumni corps could play, 10 minutes each.

• Like 1

I'll have to cast a no vote. I've seen the corps at Allentown, and although I appreciate what they are about I don't think what they put together for Allentown would fly at finals. As a matter of fact, I took last summers performance as my opportunity to check out the souvie area in Allentown....yes, Bridgemen was my hotdog corps in 2011.

• Like 2

The Bridgemen were

.... unreal back in their day.... did things that absolutely pushed the boundaries of the activity.

But... the alumni corps is Night Ranger playing a dinky soccer field in

(####### Sandy!), compared to selling out multiple back to back shows at Madison Square Garden in 84. What used to be the epitome of cool is now just kind of sad.

Sometimes it's best to just let legend be legend.

Edited by danielray
  • Like 1

Hey - I'd enjoy it!

• Like 2

Yeah, I'll have to agree with the group on this one. If it's for a one off gig, that's super cool and worth the viewing; but if it's year after year after year, then put together a DCA corps.

Who was the giant alumni corps that got together for some of the DCM shows back in the early 2000s? They got to be rather stale after their "reunion" year, too.

With the size of some of these alumni corps, I'm sure they could put together respectable groups for DCA.

Hey, if DanielRay thinks what we are doing is "kind of sad" then I KNOW that we are just fine! ;P

Seriously, we have no desire to compete. We are not the only Alumni corps that does this, year in and year out, because we love to perform, for us, but more importantly for our fans. There seem to still be a few of those, so we will keep doing it! :)

There's more to drum corps than competing (whether DCI or DCA), and given the option of doing a one-time only gig at DCI or an annual gig at Allentown (as one of several shows and parades each year), I will take the latter every day.

• Like 5

Hey, if DanielRay thinks what we are doing is "kind of sad" then I KNOW that we are just fine! ;P

Seriously, we have no desire to compete. We are not the only Alumni corps that does this, year in and year out, because we love to perform, for us, but more importantly for our fans. There seem to still be a few of those, so we will keep doing it! :)

There's more to drum corps than competing (whether DCI or DCA), and given the option of doing a one-time only gig at DCI or an annual gig at Allentown (as one of several shows and parades each year), I will take the latter every day.

Apart from not getting the alumni thing in the first place, I just don't seem to understand doing essentially the same thing that was done 30 years ago, only dirtier and half as good.

Why does Bridgmen alumni need to be frozen in time, rehashing the same tired tunes? Why not do something new, contemporary, but with the same attitude and in the DCA circuit?

was the epitome of cool... Chet Baker in the 80's fumbling through those same tired tunes... 30 years later... a mere shadow of the legend... difficult to watch. Edited by danielray
  • Like 2