Full Recaps Are Returning Soon for Public [Unconfirmed]

Dang.

I'd really like that (full recaps published). I planned my 'tour season' (this from a 57 years old who hasn't marched in nearly 4 decades - lol) around 14+ shows and bought the media package, so yeah, I'm invested but without the recap sheets to pour over I feel disengaged; distant.

I was actually thinking about limiting my shows for next year pretty considerably and this decision (not to publish recaps) has played a more leading role in that notion than I would have anticipated.

In short, I AM an outsider but don't like feeling like one.

I agree completely. From DCI's inception there has always been a caption competition within the activity and some prestige that goes with it. After all, they still give caption awards at finals. High Percussion. Brass, Color Guard, GE etc..This has always been a hallmark of the activity. This idea to remove the detailed recaps has taken away a key component from the summer tour. The detailed recaps, known by all, are great motivators for corps members, and exciting to follow for alumni and fans. Its a separate competition in and of itself. I hope DCI rescinds this for the benefit of corps members and fans alike.