SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

1 hour ago, PresentArms said:

They do have to contend with the high elevation rehearsals in Weed though..

Its slows things down.

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Stop it with the pictures of SCV practicing in sunny, warm weather... and on the beach no less for some of it. I am going to start hating on them if they continue to harrass me with such videos of sunny and warm weather practice days. A guy can only take so much video footage of this Cali sunshine, you know. So please stop it. RIGHT NOW !

Then I guess you'll never make it out here to UT.  After a two day 1,800+ drive from the Nashville area, Scooter and I arrived to this.  https://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/zmw:84738.1.99999  Got to love 10% humidity and 32% dew points!

6 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

Counting the tubas, I surmise that this is not the whole hornline. Is it a special tradition of sorts, vets or age-out waking the corps or guard on some special day? I know Regiment has that tradition where age-outs wake the corps during Championships by playing oldies but goodies from their heritage. Coincidentally, this vid was listed on youtube by one of the SCV rookie mellos who is aging out SCV after several seasons with Phantom.  Just curious.

Edited by xandandl

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Then I guess you'll never make it out here to UT.  After a two day 1,800+ drive from the Nashville area, Scooter and I arrived to this.  https://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/zmw:84738.1.99999  Got to love 10% humidity and 32% dew points!

ya, ya, ya.." dry heat" or not, 95 is not fit for dogs, nor Man... lol

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Hope you enjoy your dish rag weather in MA and FL.   Smiley-face-emoticon-575.jpg

Oh you're in fine form tonite out in the boondocks, you silly specter you.. lol!

Edited by BRASSO

16 hours ago, xandandl said:

Counting the tubas, I surmise that this is not the whole hornline. Is it a special tradition of sorts, vets or age-out waking the corps or guard on some special day? I know Regiment has that tradition where age-outs wake the corps during Championships by playing oldies but goodies from their heritage. Coincidentally, this vid was listed on youtube by one of the SCV rookie mellos who is aging out SCV after several seasons with Phantom.  Just curious.

The description of the video says that it was only the hornline vets playing this time. Still plenty of power from a reduced line. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

The description of the video says that it was only the hornline vets playing this time. Still plenty of power from a reduced line. 

Quite a way to welcome the rookies into the family and set a high bar to imitate. Gayle would have approved.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Northern Thunder said:

Gale DOES approve!!

Ha, ha we're both wrong.

Knowing myself that my memory can sometimes get foggy, and as often reminded of that by certain DCP posters, I actually wanted to check that out before posting even though I had spoken with the man one on one many times while he was living.

Gayle, Gail, Gale... Here's what google said.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gayle+Royer&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS726US726&oq=Gayle+Royer&aqs=chrome..69i57.16229j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Even DCI records has it two ways. But SCV website says Gail. http://www.scvanguard.org/overview/