Carolina Crown 2017

So for anyone in the know... How do you think the changes in guard staff will impact Crown's guard design in the future? Can we expect to see a lot less rifle tosses and unison work? Or do you think it will stay largely the same?

I marched with Herbert, my ageout was his first yr. As far as I know he is still with crown.

I think it'll stay the same since Herbert is still there.

Did he write the guard book this year (please say yes) ! - I've gotta say - I'm a bit worried about Crown's guard - and I have been one of their biggest fan for years ! Blue Devils have built their guard dynasty though incredible staff consistency.

Mike

do you think there were a lot of tosses? too many in your opinion? and compared to what?

same for unison work. do you think there was too much? compared to what?

just curious where these questions are coming from.

Crown has a distinct style in modern DCI in terms of guard imo. I wanna see if they're going to stay unique or conform Edited by Cappybara

Did he write the guard book this year (please say yes) ! - I've gotta say - I'm a bit worried about Crown's guard - and I have been one of their biggest fan for years ! Blue Devils have built their guard dynasty though incredible staff consistency.

Mike

a big chunk.

• Like 1

Several years ago during a webinar Hopkins said that the only person he trusted to turn over the Cadets control to was Tom Aungst.

My gut feeling is Tom is going to be in charge of more than "percussion cap head". Think he may be influencing staff selection and hopefully taking over as GH pulls back.

you didn't answer and of the questions i asked. and conform to what?

Because your questions were probing for answers about motivations that aren't there. My reason for the curiosity is Crown's unique style, nothing else. If you happen to be in the know (you often are) about Crown's possible direction, I'd love to hear about it!

And conform to modern guards that do less unison work and more work with less traditional guard equipment.

Because your questions were probing for answers about motivations that aren't there. My reason for the curiosity is Crown's unique style, nothing else. If you happen to be in the know (you often are) about Crown's possible direction, I'd love to hear about it!

And conform to modern guards that do less unison work and more work with less traditional guard equipment.

probing for motivations?

i just want to know to know what you meant by "can we expect to see a lot less". love to answer your question but it needs some context.

probing for motivations?

i just want to know to know what you meant by "can we expect to see a lot less". love to answer your question but it needs some context.

Not sure why it matters whether I think Crown tosses too much or not. I find that crown does traditional unison and rifle work more than other corps. Compare BD or Bloo to Crown, I'm sure you have an idea of what I'm referring to. My question is that would the departure of Crown's staff lead to less traditional work than they already do. It's a really simple question, I don't want to make a big deal out of it. If you have an answer, I'd love to hear it, but if not, it's fine, no big deal.

For everyone asking about Herbert:

From what I understand everyone is stepping back and letting him have a little more freedom with the guard. So, I'm assuming he had a hand in the work last year. If so, in sure Crown Guard won't have much to worry about next season.

We all know Herbert knows what he's doing.

• Like 2