2017 Programs & Playlist:

10 hours ago, chris7997 said:

Now Phantom.  Here we go again.  Like I said, drum corps cliched themes have got to be dark, eastern...and now "seductive!" All for what? To be "cool"?  "Blurring the lines" according to their show description...of course!  Gag.  What is this Fifty Shades of Grey?!  We cannot make any sort of value judgement or have any redeeming qualities to our shows...dark "madness and desire" have to be the order of the day.  What kind of culture is this promoting in drum corps where we have minors participating in the activity?  "Oh Chris! You are being too much of a square teetotaler...get with the times man!!!"   People may call me unhip and too old-fashioned, but I'm making a counter-cultural argument against these disconcerting show theme trends towards darkness, obscurity, and now seduction.   

"This seductive, powerful character begins life solely as an invasion of mind, but quickly becomes something more, blurring the lines between beauty, madness, and desire." - Phantom program description

I'll bet you $10 by the end of the season, you love the show.

And I know nothing about it.

12 hours ago, chris7997 said:

Now Phantom.  Here we go again.  Like I said, drum corps cliched themes have got to be dark, eastern...and now "seductive!" All for what? To be "cool"?  "Blurring the lines" according to their show description...of course!  Gag.  What is this Fifty Shades of Grey?!  We cannot make any sort of value judgement or have any redeeming qualities to our shows...dark "madness and desire" have to be the order of the day.  What kind of culture is this promoting in drum corps where we have minors participating in the activity?  "Oh Chris! You are being too much of a square teetotaler...get with the times man!!!"   People may call me unhip and too old-fashioned, but I'm making a counter-cultural argument against these disconcerting show theme trends towards darkness, obscurity, and now seduction.   

"This seductive, powerful character begins life solely as an invasion of mind, but quickly becomes something more, blurring the lines between beauty, madness, and desire." - Phantom program description

THIS FORUM THREAD IS FOR OFFICIAL CORPS ANNOUNCEMENTS ONLY...I DON'T APPRECIATE THIS FAUX PAS IN THIS THREAD.

YOU HAVE YOUR OWN THREAD FOR THIS UTTER BUNCOMBE.

PLEASE STOP!

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 5

The Spotify playlist is updated (incl. Crown) as of June 2nd, 2017. Link to Spotify "playlist" ---->> DCI Source Music '17

Sound Cloud is updated (incl. Crown) as of June 2nd, 2017.  Please see first post of this thread for the "external" links. 

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/165037-2017-programs-playlist/

YouTube is updated (incl. Crown) as of June 2nd, 2017. Please see first post of this thread for the "embedded" links.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/165037-2017-programs-playlist/

2 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Crown show title is actually called Eclectic...

Since they want to be cryptic... then it's their own fault half the internet has gotten the show title wrong...LOL

Crown said that the announcement is only the first part and that it will be announced next week....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sagemode67 said:

Crown said that the announcement is only the first part and that it will be announced next week....

well it all depends what the definition of "It is".....is....lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

Well, it all depends what the definition of "It is" . . . is.

Nicely done.