Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

13 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

The idea that a collective of judges took orders from DCI to not give someone a win always boggles my mind.  They all magically made their numbers line up in a way that would deny the Blue Devils a win.  That's makes total sense.  :glare:

Conspiracy!  The only thing that keeps me going:worthy:

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

Seconded, Ink was better than felliniesque, even though felliniesque was great.  As Dreams are made on gets better every time I watch it.  Definitely should have won in 2016 imo.  I feel like DCI just doesnt want to give them the glory of a threepeat. 

I'm actually the opposite.  I felt ADAMO was the weakest of the current BD style (2014-16), mostly because it was by far the most conventional.  The props cut the field coverage by about 30%, and there was much more "regular" drill as opposed to dance and other movement, etc. etc.  (I get that I'm being nitpicky - even their "weakest" show IMO still almost won.)

That said, one thing you can count on is that when they zag, they zag *hard,* so I expect another evolution in their style this summer.  That's always exciting to see.

Mike

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

I'm actually the opposite.  I felt ADAMO was the weakest of the current BD style (2014-16), mostly because it was by far the most conventional.  The props cut the field coverage by about 30%, and there was much more "regular" drill as opposed to dance and other movement, etc. etc.  (I get that I'm being nitpicky - even their "weakest" show IMO still almost won.)

That said, one thing you can count on is that when they zag, they zag *hard,* so I expect another evolution in their style this summer.  That's always exciting to see.

Mike

All jazz show

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Mike

All jazz show

Yea but Bluecoats show really was on fire.  Never saw it live but from videos it was pretty intense.  I do not think the balled blended with the rest of the show though.

Ink was more of a whole story.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Seconded, Ink was better than felliniesque, even though felliniesque was great.  As Dreams are made on gets better every time I watch it.  Definitely should have won in 2016 imo.  I feel like DCI just doesnt want to give them the glory of a threepeat. 

I SO AGREE!!! I Felt like that too. Why deny them because you don't want them to. Why deny the obvious talent that truly deserved to win. Excution was way better than Blucoats and I dont care what anyone wants to say. Blue Devils should have won. I am still happy for Blucoats, but when you watch the shows Blue Devils performance and excution imo was really better. Unfair scoring all because they wanted to give Bluecoats their first win. No no! Winning should be totally earned 100%.

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I SO AGREE!!! I Felt like that too. Why deny them because you don't want them to. Why deny the obvious talent that truly deserved to win. Excution was way better than Blucoats and I dont care what anyone wants to say. Blue Devils should have won. I am still happy for Blucoats, but when you watch the shows Blue Devils performance and excution imo was really better. Unfair scoring all because they wanted to give Bluecoats their first win. No no! Winning should be totally earned 100%.

Yeah, I felt they should have had it.  As Dreams are made On was a really great show though. In no way though am I trying to undercut what the Bluecoats achieved.  They were a little messy, but the GE scores were crazy!

5 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Yeah, I felt they should have had it.  As Dreams are made On was a really great show though. In no way though am I trying to undercut what the Bluecoats achieved.  They were a little messy, but the GE scores were crazy!

Yeah! They Blucoats had a great show still.