Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

I wonder if Mr. Goodwin will ever write something for B corps?  Their drumlines have always been their strength but with the Brass Caption head and new color guard staff They are a real powerhouse.  The time to watch the C corps is when they are drumming in the lot.  Darn good line.  I always shed a tear of joy when they come on.

3 hours ago, flammaster said:

I wonder if Mr. Goodwin will ever write something for B corps?  Their drumlines have always been their strength but with the Brass Caption head and new color guard staff They are a real powerhouse.  The time to watch the C corps is when they are drumming in the lot.  Darn good line.  I always shed a tear of joy when they come on.

Man, everything Blue Devils is OK by me.  I would think Goodwin costs alot to hire on.  I'm not sure BD can afford it every year let alone BDB.  Dont get me wrong though, I would be fine if they did.

Edited by BoaDci

The local scene here is getting much better and one day it will rival southern CA.  I want to see the lower programs (B&C corps) take a more active role in being feeders for A corps.  Even though the other corps like SCVC and Mandarins are direct competition it is important to wish for their success too.  The competition factor is what creates greatness over all. 

17 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Man, everything Blue Devils is OK by me.  I would think Goodwin costs alot to hire on.  I'm not sure BD can afford it every year let alone BDB.  Dont get me wrong though, I would be fine if they did.

Not saying that this would have anything to do with BD hiring or how much cost it would be for Goodwin.......but Goodwin's son is the BD synth player..........just a useless trivial fun fact

Edited by dbg

9 minutes ago, dbg said:

Not saying that this would have anything to do with BD hiring or how much cost it would be for Goodwin.......but Goodwin's son is the BD synth player..........just a useless trivial fun fact

Yeah, I know.  Im not sure that makes a difference though, that man still has alot of commitments.

On 1/25/2017 at 0:03 PM, flammaster said:

The local scene here is getting much better and one day it will rival southern CA.  I want to see the lower programs (B&C corps) take a more active role in being feeders for A corps.  Even though the other corps like SCVC and Mandarins are direct competition it is important to wish for their success too.  The competition factor is what creates greatness over all. 

But with what's going on in Sacramento, it will soon be all behind The Wall.

Unless the A corps merges with BD International.

I think BDB will be in finals within the next five years.  BDB has been one of my favorite corps the last few years.  Great design, music and visual.  IMO the coolest thing about BDB that makes them different from other feeder corps is there abilitiy to really establish their identity every year, and more importantly their OWN identity.  Their ability to seperate themselves has really become a great aspect of the program these last few years.

• Like 1

I want them to keep looking forward.  I think that INK is the greatest show they ever did.  I want to see more like that.  I have CD's and DVD's I can watch greatest hits any time.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I want them to keep looking forward.  I think that INK is the greatest show they ever did.  I want to see more like that.  I have CD's and DVD's I can watch greatest hits any time.

Im not alone!?  INK was incredible!  Love almost every second of that show (sorry Kpop).  I cannot contain my excitement for the 2017 Blue Devils.

• Like 1