Dci Live

Just now, BoaDci said:

All I want to do....IS HEAR HARLOFF'S AVON BRASSLINE!!!!

I'd be curious how a band like Avon, Carmel, etc would do at dci championships or the opposite (what level of corps you'd need to win grand nats)

Just now, jimthetuba said:

I'd be curious how a band like Avon, Carmel, etc would do at dci championships or the opposite (what level of corps you'd need to win grand nats)

This topic has been brought up a few times, the consensus is usually the best HS band would probably place around the lower part of semifinals and around the top half of Open Class.  

To the OP.

It'll be back, I'm sure.  Or at least hope so.

No idea who is doing it as of now, I thought whoever did it last year did a pretty decent job.  Some hiccups in terms of the broadcast itself but I never had huge issues with the quality of video/audio.  

10 minutes ago, jimthetuba said:

Low (50's if theyre lucky).  Everything is just so crazy different in DCI.  

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I'm kind of scared at the outrage that might ensue if FloMarching picks up DCI and the quality is anything like it was for BOA.  That's gonna be apocalyptic on here.  

:peek:

Please NO!

38 minutes ago, awertt said:

I marched for Blue Springs and I have to say the FloMarching coverage was trash. They didn't know what to film half the time, they were zooming in and out at bad times, the camera work was shoddy, the list goes on.

I feel like at that point they should just have an overview cam and nothing else unless they really take time to learn the show.

Just now, jimthetuba said:

I feel like at that point they should just have an overview cam and nothing else unless they really take time to learn the show.

They need to do what DCI does for livestreams. DCI even posted a YT video of it.

And whoever did BOA livestreaming before (MrVideo?) did a fine job.

• Like 2

Just now, awertt said:

They need to do what DCI does for livestreams. DCI even posted a YT video of it.

And whoever did BOA livestreaming before (MrVideo?) did a fine job.

The one problem for BOA is that it is harder to learn performances from bands that don't compete at big shows until nats, like a lot of the michigan bands.