Dose a Cancelled show hurt a Corps?

Only if weather is the cause and a corps' rehearsal schedule has been impacted.   Missing rehearsal time is much more critical and that increases as nationals get closer.  One day may not hurt but two or more surely will.

When Corps are subjected to a cancelled show or two( or 3), it does not impact their rehearsal time, as whether they performed under perfect skies, or watched the rain come down in their busses, they would not have been rehearsing in either case. Plus, its not the number of rehearsals a Corps has thats critical in Corps improvements anyway. While the number of days of rehearsal time ( for rewrites, changes, layering, polishing,etc ) are important, it is the quality of the instruction at the rehearsals that is most critical. As for cancelled shows not affording Corps feedback from judges, I think its not dispositive. WC Corps are in approx 30 competition shows  during the summer. If 2 or 3 wind up cancelled, that Corps still had 27 or 28 shows from judges to get their feedback... 2 or 3 more makes little to no difference in that, imo. By Quarters, Semi's, whether a Corps had no cancelled shows that summer, or 3, it will have made no difference at all to that Corps scores there by then, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm just posting to say this thread title makes my OCD meter twitch every #### time. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm just posting to say this thread title makes my OCD meter twitch every #### time. 

Dose it really?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

PP 1 &2 YES

PP 3  NO!!!!!

Average Temperatures for Tucson
Month Low High

Jun 68.0°F   100.2°F
Jul 73.4°F   99.6°F

No way not even if you like your shows park & bark. Dry heat just means you don't know you're being killed by skin cancer and dehydration unless your skin is leather.

As long as you are dressed properly and drink plenty of fluids, it doesn't matter if the heat is dry or humid its exposure to the sun that matters.  I have worked in the Sahara and the Persian Gulf (hot and humid) and properly protected from the sun, I prefer the dessert to the Gulf.  BTW, properly protected doesn't mean suntan lotion, but long loose sleeve tops and loose trousers - not topless (tank tops) and shorts.  In the dessert, that is cooler!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ElSuarez said:

Dose it really?

STOP THAT

19 minutes ago, Bob P. said:

As long as you are dressed properly and drink plenty of fluids, it doesn't matter if the heat is dry or humid its exposure to the sun that matters.  I have worked in the Sahara and the Persian Gulf (hot and humid) and properly protected from the sun, I prefer the dessert to the Gulf.  BTW, properly protected doesn't mean suntan lotion, but long loose sleeve tops and loose trousers - not topless (tank tops) and shorts.  In the dessert, that is cooler!

As long as it's ice cream and not pie fresh out of the oven. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob P. said:

agreed. I found that in Jordan and Israel as well.  Of course my fair Irish skin doesn't like any of it  either way.