2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

1 minute ago, gjramsey said:

That was the common theme during Monday's and Tuesday's webcasts!  

So please forgive what sounds like a newbie question, but why, if Open Class prelims and finals were Monday and Tuesday, are the Open Class corps now performing again today? (I've been watching since the 70s but don't know much about the "rules")

Repeating myself from earlier in the week: Will gladly take what Southwind is putting out over several WC corps (a few of which are in top 12).

• Like 4

Just now, mjoakes said:

Repeating myself from earlier in the week: Will gladly take what Southwind is putting out over several WC corps (a few of which are in top 12).

If I had to put together a list of 12 shows across the whole field of corps this year that I would want to see in my own finals, Southwind would be one of them.  Easily.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MingoLeger said:

So please forgive what sounds like a newbie question, but why, if Open Class prelims and finals were Monday and Tuesday, are the Open Class corps now performing again today? (I've been watching since the 70s but don't know much about the "rules")

Yes. This is their shot at swiping spots in Semis and even finals if they merit it. 

They looked exhausted at the end on multicam. But didn't sound so. Perhaps more of the "we don't want this season to end" feeling with them?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

But there are none of the required props to be in world class.  

All kidding aside.  This is what I think of when I think DCI.