The Cadets APD Link

Ok, so while I was downloading the San Antonio APD from this past weekend for "The Cadets", I happened to notice the download link from DCI.org said "2005 Cadets (Garfield)"

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

What's the deal with that?!? For a corps that doesn't want to be known as being associated with a geographical area any longer, i.e. Garfield, Hackensack, Bergenfield, Allentown, Mars, Venus, Universe, etc etc etc... but rather YEA... this is very very interesting.

You'd think DCI, of all people, would be careful not to put Garfield in their title considering it's been how many years? Heck, I would have expected something like "2005 Cadets (awwww YEA buddy!)" before I would have expected GARFIELD!

Either way, kudos DCI for keeping it real with tradition. Someone on the Season Pass team rocks my socks and deserves a frothy beverage. :worthy:

Maybe it's like announcers at shows trying to say "Spirit of Atlanta" :P

A picture of the APD download on DCI.org:

dci-garfield-mistake.gif

Maybe it's like announcers at shows trying to say "Spirit of Atlanta"  :P

"Garfield":

Or comming out with "Chicago Cavaliers", or "Most Precious Blood Crusaders" although it's been many moons since those corps were know by those names.

Elphaba

Ok, so while I was downloading the San Antonio APD from this past weekend for "The Cadets", I happened to notice the download link from DCI.org said "2005 Cadets (Garfield)"

:worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:

What's the deal with that?!? For a corps that doesn't want to be known as being associated with a geographical area any longer, i.e. Garfield, Hackensack, Bergenfield, Allentown, Mars, Venus, Universe, etc etc etc... but rather YEA... this is very very interesting.

You'd think DCI, of all people, would be careful not to put Garfield in their title considering it's been how many years? Heck, I would have expected something like "2005 Cadets (awwww YEA buddy!)" before I would have expected GARFIELD!

Either way, kudos DCI for keeping it real with tradition. Someone on the Season Pass team rocks my socks and deserves a frothy beverage. :worthy:

Maybe it doesn't matter what Garfield wants to be called. Maybe its up to the governing body that provides them the framework within which to compete and be seen that calls the shots on this one:) he he