Hey all! I'm new to this forum, but I've been a drum corps nut since 1975, when I saw the PBS broadcast of the '75 DCI finals. I marched rifle in band from '75 - '80. During concert season, I played flute. I watched the DCI finals every year it was on PBS, and the last year when it was on ESPN2. I had cassette tapes of the top 12 corps, from '75 - '78, and maybe '79. I saw my first live DCI show was in '78. I joined the Imperial Guard Drum and Bugle Corps as a flag in '81, and marched rifle in '82. I won $100 betting on the final 12 of '82. I would not trade my corps experience for anything in the world. My only regrets: I wish I had joined drum corps sooner, and I wish I had joined another corps when Imperial Guard folded my age-out year.

23 hours ago, Mikah said:

Hey all! I'm new to this forum, but I've been a drum corps nut since 1975, when I saw the PBS broadcast of the '75 DCI finals. I marched rifle in band from '75 - '80. During concert season, I played flute. I watched the DCI finals every year it was on PBS, and the last year when it was on ESPN2. I had cassette tapes of the top 12 corps, from '75 - '78, and maybe '79. I saw my first live DCI show was in '78. I joined the Imperial Guard Drum and Bugle Corps as a flag in '81, and marched rifle in '82. I won $100 betting on the final 12 of '82. I would not trade my corps experience for anything in the world. My only regrets: I wish I had joined drum corps sooner, and I wish I had joined another corps when Imperial Guard folded my age-out year.

Welcome to DCP, Mikah.  You picked a good time to plug in.  DCP is at its finest during competition season when you can get running commentaries on shows from people who are in attendance.  It helps when you can't be there in person!

• Like 1

Guest Stef

Hi Drum Corps Fans :12_slight_smile:

i'm a Member in a small German drum Corps. We only start in the concert class. We won he German Finals 3 times in a row and want to win also in the future  

For this we are looking for new and  old shows. Our absolute favorite show is SCV  89 Phantom of the opera. Did someone know if there is a possibility to get the original music score/arrangement for this one. Because we want to be as nearly on the original as possible. We will change it so that ist is possible to play with a 30 member Corps by ourself. 

Many Thanks 

Stef :whistle:

On 8/30/2017 at 8:34 AM, Guest Stef said:

Hi Drum Corps Fans :12_slight_smile:

i'm a Member in a small German drum Corps. We only start in the concert class. We won he German Finals 3 times in a row and want to win also in the future  

For this we are looking for new and  old shows. Our absolute favorite show is SCV  89 Phantom of the opera. Did someone know if there is a possibility to get the original music score/arrangement for this one. Because we want to be as nearly on the original as possible. We will change it so that ist is possible to play with a 30 member Corps by ourself. 

Many Thanks 

Stef :whistle:

Did you get any help with your request?  I don't think many DCP members look in the New Member thread. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.