Blue Devil Legend

New Members

122 posts in this topic

Hey all! I'm new to this forum, but I've been a drum corps nut since 1975, when I saw the PBS broadcast of the '75 DCI finals. I marched rifle in band from '75 - '80. During concert season, I played flute. I watched the DCI finals every year it was on PBS, and the last year when it was on ESPN2. I had cassette tapes of the top 12 corps, from '75 - '78, and maybe '79. I saw my first live DCI show was in '78. I joined the Imperial Guard Drum and Bugle Corps as a flag in '81, and marched rifle in '82. I won $100 betting on the final 12 of '82. I would not trade my corps experience for anything in the world. My only regrets: I wish I had joined drum corps sooner, and I wish I had joined another corps when Imperial Guard folded my age-out year.

23 hours ago, Mikah said:

Hey all! I'm new to this forum, but I've been a drum corps nut since 1975, when I saw the PBS broadcast of the '75 DCI finals. I marched rifle in band from '75 - '80. During concert season, I played flute. I watched the DCI finals every year it was on PBS, and the last year when it was on ESPN2. I had cassette tapes of the top 12 corps, from '75 - '78, and maybe '79. I saw my first live DCI show was in '78. I joined the Imperial Guard Drum and Bugle Corps as a flag in '81, and marched rifle in '82. I won $100 betting on the final 12 of '82. I would not trade my corps experience for anything in the world. My only regrets: I wish I had joined drum corps sooner, and I wish I had joined another corps when Imperial Guard folded my age-out year.

Welcome to DCP, Mikah.  You picked a good time to plug in.  DCP is at its finest during competition season when you can get running commentaries on shows from people who are in attendance.  It helps when you can't be there in person!

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor