Pro Football Hall of Fame Festival Show

The old lady and I are talking about making the drive from Chicago to catch this show on August 3rd. Minneapolis was supposed to have been her first drum corps show EVAH, so considering how THAT turned out, she's got it into her head that this show might be worth the trip.

Anyone else here planning on making it????

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massillon, OH

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 - 6:30 PM

Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival Drum Corps Competition

330-458-2048 or 800-533-4302

Massillon Paul Brown Tiger Stadium

1 Paul E Brown DR SE

Massillon, OH 44646

Performing Corps

Listed in reverse order of performance.

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Troopers - Casper, WY

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

Spirit - Atlanta, GA

Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

I haven't missed this show in years. Of course I live about 15 minutes away. This is always a stong show and the crowd really gets into it. It is not a typical "drum corps" crowd. Just a bunch of local people who go to the show because it is part of the HOF activities. Those who don't know what to expect, are blow away by the quality of the performances. Standing O's for the 1st corps and every corps therafter are not unusual. The facilities are about as good as one could want for a show as well. You'll be amazed that this is a high school facility.

I haven't missed this show in years. Of course I live about 15 minutes away. This is always a stong show and the crowd really gets into it. It is not a typical "drum corps" crowd. Just a bunch of local people who go to the show because it is part of the HOF activities. Those who don't know what to expect, are blow away by the quality of the performances. Standing O's for the 1st corps and every corps therafter are not unusual. The facilities are about as good as one could want for a show as well. You'll be amazed that this is a high school facility.

Unfortunately I have to miss this year's Massillon show for the first time in 11 years. (Good thing Bluecoats hosted another show July 9th!!)

That being said -- this show is worth the drive, and Blue92 is right. You won't believe this is a high school facility!!

• 2 weeks later...
You won't believe this is a high school facility!!

There was a documentary about the importance of football in Massillon that screened widely in 2001.

NOAA says 50% chance of showers and storms tonight, though radar suggests the rain currently falling over most of Ohio will pass by showtime.

Planning to be there, but the weather is not looking good right now (2 pm). Hopefully clears out by showtime. It did for the Akron show, thinking the same good thoughts for this one too!

I loved this show every year that we did it. Always a great crowd. It was fun.

There was a documentary about the importance of football in Massillon that screened widely in 2001.

NOAA says 50% chance of showers and storms tonight, though radar suggests the rain currently falling over most of Ohio will pass by showtime.

I hope so.

Leaving in a few after my buddies get off work :thumbup: only show I can make this year because of money/time/what have you and I'm looking forward to this!

Oh, and the documentary about football in Massillon is available to watch instantly on Netflix. Looks interesting.

Any one up there have an update on the weather?

at 3:15 pm, looks like a line of rain moving toward Massillon from the Toledo area, that should be through the area by showtime based on rate of movement, from my best guess. After that nothing showing on the radar. Cloud layer stretches all the way back to Chicago but looks thinner west of Toledo. All this courtesy of The Weather Channel radar/satellite maps.