Syracuse Brigadiers - 2007 Show Announcement

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

SYRACUSE BRIGADIERS 2007 PROGRAM

“Images in Time”

Syracuse, NY (October 9, 2006) – After considerable anticipation, the Syracuse Brigadiers Drum and Bugle Corps announced today its 2007 program, “Images in Time,” an exciting journey through the Brigadiers’ storied history, its vibrant present and its endless future possibilities. The 2007 program promises to take the audience from retrospect through the contemporary, concluding with a vision of the infinite future prospects for the Brigadiers and drum corps itself. Now, without further ado, the full description of the Brigadiers’ 2007 program:

The 2007 edition of the Syracuse Brigadiers provides an opportunity to glimpse both past and future glories. Using “As Time Goes By” as a melodic continuum, the 2007 program weaves through time as the Corps recalls fond memories and makes new ones in this dynamic program.

After the introduction of “As Time Goes By,” the Brigs attack “Spanish Fantasy,” the opening production from the Brigs’ record-setting campaign. With a new visual treatment and staging, along with the fire of Wayne Downey’s re-worked brass arrangement, this production is sure to re-start the energies of Brigadiers past.

The next memory to be awakened is the hauntingly beautiful “First Time Ever I Saw Your Face,” the quintessential Brigadiers’ ballad. Evoking the emotions welled up from the Finals performance of 2003, this uniquely Brigadier production is again enhanced through new staging and visual interpretation.

The last half of “Images in Time” looks at the future of the Brigadiers and finds it .... HOT! This production, entitled “Evolution,” is a departure in form for the Brigadiers, though not in substance. The primary thrust of the music remains power and excitement, but rather than interpret a song, this production, like a tapestry, weaves many ideas into one message. After a Wayne Downey original introduction this fiery piece references the many talents of composer Chick Corea and ends with the performance qualities of Arturo Sandoval and his Cuban jazz group “Irakere” to produce a seamlessly entertaining production.

Throughout the program you will note visual references from past performances, such as props and uniforms, as well as new visual representations that will move the Corps and the activity forward.

The design team of Rick Morey, Wayne Downey, David Glyde, Chris Perna, Dr. Rob Bridge and Ryan Bronner are committed to providing both the Corps and the audience a memorable experience. We hope you have a wonderful time with our images.

The Brigs will be hosting their Open House and first rehearsal November 11-12, starting at 1:00 on the 11th. Further details will be posted on the corps’ website soon. Anyone interested in experiencing the Red and Black first-hand should make plans to attend!

With roots dating to 1938, the Syracuse Brigadiers Drum & Bugle Corps was reorganized in 1991 after a nineteen-year absence from competition. The Brigadiers are 5-time Drum Corps Associates World Champions, winning titles in 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002, and are the only drum and bugle corps to ever win four consecutive DCA titles.

For more information, visit the corps’ website at www.brigadiers.com.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

“Images in Time”

Syracuse, NY (October 9, 2006) – After considerable anticipation, the Syracuse Brigadiers Drum and Bugle Corps announced today its 2007 program, “Images in Time,” an exciting journey through the Brigadiers’ storied history, its vibrant present and its endless future possibilities. The 2007 program promises to take the audience from retrospect through the contemporary, concluding with a vision of the infinite future prospects for the Brigadiers and drum corps itself. Now, without further ado, the full description of the Brigadiers’ 2007 program:

The 2007 edition of the Syracuse Brigadiers provides an opportunity to glimpse both past and future glories. Using “As Time Goes By” as a melodic continuum, the 2007 program weaves through time as the Corps recalls fond memories and makes new ones in this dynamic program.

After the introduction of :blink: “As Time Goes By,” the Brigs attack :blink:“Spanish Fantasy,” the opening production from the Brigs’ record-setting campaign. With a new visual treatment and staging, along with the fire of Wayne Downey’s re-worked brass arrangement, this production is sure to re-start the energies of Brigadiers past.

The next memory to be awakened is the hauntingly beautiful :blink:“First Time Ever I Saw Your Face,” the quintessential Brigadiers’ ballad. Evoking the emotions welled up from the Finals performance of 2003, this uniquely Brigadier production is again enhanced through new staging and visual interpretation.

The last half of “Images in Time” looks at the future of the Brigadiers and finds it .... HOT! This production, entitled :worthy:“Evolution,” is a departure in form for the Brigadiers, though not in substance. The primary thrust of the music remains power and excitement, but rather than interpret a song, this production, like a tapestry, weaves many ideas into one message. After a Wayne Downey original introduction this fiery piece references the many talents of composer Chick Corea and ends with the performance qualities of Arturo Sandoval and his Cuban jazz group “Irakere” to produce a seamlessly entertaining production.

Throughout the program you will note visual references from past performances, such as props and uniforms, as well as new visual representations that will move the Corps and the activity forward.

Send me my music right now!!!

GO BRIGS

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

Thanks a lot, April. <**>

How the heck am I supposed to get any projects done around the house next year when you announce a program like that...*sigh*...

See ya on November 11th! :)

House projects are for the winter!! Besides, who wants to do house projects when you could be playing Wayne Downey mellophone runs!!!!!!!

Yeah!!! Like she said!!!

:P

House projects are for the winter!! Besides, who wants to do house projects when you could be playing Wayne Downey mellophone runs!!!!!!!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

“Images in Time”

After the introduction of “As Time Goes By,” the Brigs attack “Spanish Fantasy,” the opening production from the Brigs’ record-setting campaign. With a new visual treatment and staging, along with the fire of Wayne Downey’s re-worked brass arrangement, this production is sure to re-start the energies of Brigadiers past.

The next memory to be awakened is the hauntingly beautiful “First Time Ever I Saw Your Face,” the quintessential Brigadiers’ ballad. Evoking the emotions welled up from the Finals performance of 2003, this uniquely Brigadier production is again enhanced through new staging and visual interpretation.

The last half of “Images in Time” looks at the future of the Brigadiers and finds it .... HOT! This production, entitled “Evolution,” is a departure in form for the Brigadiers, though not in substance. The primary thrust of the music remains power and excitement, but rather than interpret a song, this production, like a tapestry, weaves many ideas into one message. After a Wayne Downey original introduction this fiery piece references the many talents of composer Chick Corea and ends with the performance qualities of Arturo Sandoval and his Cuban jazz group “Irakere” to produce a seamlessly entertaining production.

If you are all not downloading these tunes right now, you have no idea what you are missing. So let's save you the trouble, come on out to the Brigs first camp and start playing them because they are so going to be the most talked about tunes in DCA this season. They are killer charts.

Can't wait gang, can't wait.

Chris Perna

---------------

Syracuse Brigadiers

2002-Present

Snare teach, Captionhead, and now Arranger...who knew? :-)

Thanks a lot, April. <**>

How the heck am I supposed to get any projects done around the house next year when you announce a program like that...*sigh*...

See ya on November 11th! :)

i think it's a great idea. i just wonder why they don't include the 50's & 60"s. they had a great past back then. i remember competing against them back then. i guess drum corps could care less about those times. it's all about now. :(

I can't wait to play this music! Gosh I hate the off season!

Edited by ekleve