This is interesting. I know you were joking, but this begs the question, "where would the Scouts line up at DCA finals with their 2007 corps?"

Would a corps scoring in the middle-to-upper 60s right now place by the time DCA finals rolled around? I've never seen a DCA corps performance before (have always lived in the wrong neck of the woods), so I don't know how to compare the best DCA corps to one of the bottom-scoring DCI div 1 corps...

I would say it would be quite difficult, considering they are on different score sheets, unless of course that has changed.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Good luck Madison Scouts. Enjoy the road to Pasadena.

Great post! It is great to hear that the guys in the Scouts are enjoying their season so much. :)

Good luck, Madison!

When was the last time Troopers beat Madison??

(this isn't a knock on the corps because Troopers and Scouts have beeaten each other in the 70s and before)

Well, before yesterday I think it was '73 finals.

The real Madison tradition is this: they're going out, doing their thing, and being entertaining. I'd like to see them back at the top the same as the next guy, but they're out there taking it like men rather than whining about placements or judging or administrative issues.

And that's what we call class.

The real Madison tradition is this: they're going out, doing their thing, and being entertaining. I'd like to see them back at the top the same as the next guy, but they're out there taking it like men rather than whining about placements or judging or administrative issues.

And that's what we call class.

:angry:

I'll see them tonight,.......................and I can't wait!

We had the pleasure of hosting the Madison Scouts while they were in for the show at Crew Stadium.

I don't really want to get involved in the discussion concerning the decisions that were made last year

by the Madison Board of Directors. I will state that I think highly of Sal Salas and that the instructors

he put together made for one of the best teams in all of DCI.

We have hosted many drum corps over the years so my thoughts here are based on having observed

many corps kids (including my own) and many corps staff. Spending a few hours yesterday with the

Scouts I saw the following:

* A drum corps that arrived at their housing site a little later than planned. (typical drum corps)

* A group of kids that although they didn't arrive until 4:30 a.m. were up and ready to go 3 hours later.

(typical corps kids)

* An instructor that chose not to get any floor time in order to work on some show changes to give to the

corps during the first rehearsal block. (typical corps instructor)

* A couple of truck drivers who, although having driven for many hours, where friendly and cheerful

as they set up the food truck at 5:00 a.m. (typical corps drivers)

* A food truck chairman hard at work preparing a breakfast for 150+ just after sunrise. (typical, but

Debbie Krebs is the BEST and rightfully proud of her son being a Scout.)

* A group of kids that were enthusiastic and well disciplined in their rehearsal. Not complaining once

that the block went a little over into their lunch break. A snare line and tech that stayed even longer

into that break to run things just a few more times.

* A group of kids that crowded my small office when they heard me playing their APD, that DCI had

just made available the night before, and were excited about hearing the performance.

* A group of kids that told me how GREAT their indoor performance at Cedarburg had been and how much the crowd loved hearing Ice Castles and You'll Never Walk Alone.

* A group of kids that got even more excited when rain hit their afternoon block,

and yes, like a typical corps, rehearsal did not stop.

* A drum corps that, after they packed up and hit the road, caused a custodian to report to me "the

place is spotless, you wouldn't even know they had been here". (a NOT typical comment from a

custodian...except when dealing with band kids and corps kids)

As for their performance last night.

Things they had worked on all day, went better that night. I'll leave the numbers thing to the judges.

I think it's obvious that the show is not yet to the level of what the Scouts have done in previous years.

I think the reasons for that have been presented and debated here before.

What I can speak to from the few hours they were here is these guys are proud to be in a drum corps,

they are proud to be Madison Scouts, they are not going to quit because of scores, they are having a

summer they will never forget.

I hope DCI never becomes an activity where success and rewards can ONLY be found on the score page.

Good luck Madison Scouts. Enjoy the road to Pasadena.

Thank you for taking the time to dictate your perspective!

Thank you for taking the time to dictate your perspective!

after viewing a clip on an "evil web media" from July 1st....

I am so happy to see that the Scouts guard is alive and kicking!!!!!

Go Madison!

I am still waiting to find out how much sleep a corps should get. I would hate to see the poor tired Scouts not sleeping enough. :angry: