Future of the Cadets

He or she has taken every opportunity this summer to bash them. This is why I posted as I did above. He is the hrothgar of 07 (sorry, Jordan).

Except that I have almost 30 years of watching drum corps under my belt.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have much of a posting history. It's no secret that I am no Cadets fan - never have been but I used to have respect for them. They always put a competitive, flashy show out there for the fans up until 2005 where they starting being a high school marching band. I don't like what they have done at all the last few years - and I was hoping they would go back to being an actual drum corps this year. When they showed the old school uniforms I was hopeful. This show is just not entertaining at all to me. It would be better with no narration at all. That is my opinion, It's not likely to change, and I'm entitled to it. If others don't like it, they just have to deal with it any way they see fit. It really doesn't matter to me how they deal with it. And it's HE....

Well, i was obviously in the corps, both before and after 2005. For one, your words dont offend me or anything, as we knew there were people like you out there even on tour while we were marching. I did miss the memo about deciding to be a marching band...i guess hop forgot to get that to us on tour. Are they a drum corps....maybe not, but people were calling the cadets 'not drum corps' in 1984, so i dont really see a reason to get worked up about that.

One thing i am curious about...you still havent answered the queries about you first post where you insulted their marching and playing...

Well, i was obviously in the corps, both before and after 2005. For one, your words dont offend me or anything, as we knew there were people like you out there even on tour while we were marching. I did miss the memo about deciding to be a marching band...i guess hop forgot to get that to us on tour. Are they a drum corps....maybe not, but people were calling the cadets 'not drum corps' in 1984, so i dont really see a reason to get worked up about that.

One thing i am curious about...you still havent answered the queries about you first post where you insulted their marching and playing...

Well here's your answer then. In my opinion the drill is some of the easier drill out there this year. They are obviously doing it well because they are scoring well. As for their playing, they are doing that well also - thus the high scores. I just don't feel that the book is as dificult as some of the other leading corps. That's your explanation.

Edited by Jazzycat1

A bunch of people making noise on DCP does not constitute a concensus.

Maybe someone should put it to a vote then. I have spanned the DCP globe and just found more unlike posts than like. I haven't gone out collectively asking everyone I know what they think of the narration. Sorry, should have cleared that one up.

Not saying I don't like the show. Great show. Just maybe would be better suited with toning the narration down some.

So which is it; would the show be better off without the narration, or is it a bad show because it CANT stand without the narration. If i had to pick a viewpoint (because i dont really agree with either), at least the first one is consistent. Not liking narration is fine, but saying the design is poor because the cadets are locked into using it is pretty silly.

Didn't say the design was poor EU, and I didn't say the design was bad. I said I felt it could be just as good a show without the narrations, that's all.

:angry:

Work with me here man.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

Well here's your answer then. In my opinion the drill is some of the easier drill out there this year. They are obviously doing it well because they are scoring well. As for their playing, they are doing that well also - thus the high scores. I just don't feel that the book is as dificult as some of the other leading corps. That's your explanation.

As a 30 plus year Drum Corps Fan, I have to disagree with you. Seeing The 2007 Cadets live is totally different than watching them on a webcast.

What show did you see the corps live?

As a 30 plus year Drum Corps Fan, I have to disagree with you. Seeing The 2007 Cadets live is totally different than watching them on a webcast.

What show did you see the corps live?

After seeing the show and rehearsal live many times, I would say that the drill is hard, and better designed than any year I marched (including 2005), and that they are not doing it very well.....but thats what everyone says about their corps...

Except that I have almost 30 years of watching drum corps under my belt.

And out of curiousity, how many years of marching do you have?

I don't have much of a posting history. It's no secret that I am no Cadets fan - never have been but I used to have respect for them. They always put a competitive, flashy show out there for the fans up until 2005 where they starting being a high school marching band. I don't like what they have done at all the last few years - and I was hoping they would go back to being an actual drum corps this year. When they showed the old school uniforms I was hopeful. This show is just not entertaining at all to me. It would be better with no narration at all. That is my opinion, It's not likely to change, and I'm entitled to it. If others don't like it, they just have to deal with it any way they see fit. It really doesn't matter to me how they deal with it. And it's HE....

I didn't know they became a marching band. Funny thing is, that 2005 "marching band" wound up winning in 2005 with one of the highest scores in DCI and winning ALL captions. So if they are a marching band, what does that say about the other corps who competed against them that year (not a bash on the other corps mind you, just making a point)? Also, what does it matter to you whether or not they go back to being an "actual drum corps" as you called it? You have never been a fan anyways. Not saying you have to be, just saying if you don't like them, it shouldn't matter. But then again, that's your opinion right?

I didn't know they became a marching band. Funny thing is, that 2005 "marching band" wound up winning in 2005 with one of the highest scores in DCI and winning ALL captions. So if they are a marching band, what does that say about the other corps who competed against them that year (not a bash on the other corps mind you, just making a point)? Also, what does it matter to you whether or not they go back to being an "actual drum corps" as you called it? You have never been a fan anyways. Not saying you have to be, just saying if you don't like them, it shouldn't matter. But then again, that's your opinion right?

Lol...good point. Its like saying 'i didnt like them before, but now that they gone done and ###### me off, im gonna REALLY not like them....so take that. "

You know, you can only NOT buy so many souvies, and NOT clap for the show and NOT donate money so much. The least support you can give a corps is 0, unless youve found a way to steal from them :angry: