Future of the Cadets

Me booing is going to shatter some kids life? I’ve been booed, I got over it. No, the Cadets are not working their hearts out for me, they are tearing my heart out, they are working against me and drum corps in general. Booooo

If they don’t want to be booed, then why join the destroyers of drum corps, the Cadets?

From what I hear, there is this one trumpet player in Cadets that knows rejection well – he can coah the others how to handle my boos or you can think of it as me trying to make Mr Emo more comfortable

Actually I said 'dream' not 'life'. And yes, everyone who marches is out there performing for you. Take up your issues with the corps management. Let them know that you won't be in the stand when their corps performs. I'm just saying that there are other ways of stating you disappointment then booing the performers.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

duh...its borg, not clones. And at this point im not interested in the debate on the narration. People came out of the woodwork against you because you made a very strong claim about the marching and playing based on not-very-strong evidence - a show from 3 weeks ago seen online. I dont really find that to be much of an unwarrented reaction myself

Neither do I. I know the Cadet's are full of real talent. They have been for years. My problem with that corps has never been with the performers. They do what Hoppy wants! - I was really hoping for a balls-out drumcorps show without gimmics - (narration). It just seems to me that if you take the narration out of this year's show it leaves a lot of empty silence that should be filled with drums and horns. Since I will always dismiss narration as crapola that leaves lots of holes in the show - For me. I also am not impressed with the drill. That is my opinion - not likely to change. I know it pisses off the Cadets "Borgs" but - so be it. None of their long-winded, artsy-fartsy explanations, or bashing, or whining will change my opinion. I will never like narration in drum corps. I don't even like it in Marching bands. Hell, I was angry as could be when they did a little narration during a homecoming half time show when I was in my college snareline. I was 18 then - I'm 42 now. Is that likely to change? - not really. But the Borgs will still try - I don't know why - I'm not worth the time they spend pounding their keyboards but they still do! That's the part I enjoy! Getting the little girls' panties in a ruffle over and over.

And Go Scouts!

Neither do I. I know the Cadet's are full of real talent. They have been for years. My problem with that corps has never been with the performers. They do what Hoppy wants! - I was really hoping for a balls-out drumcorps show without gimmics - (narration). It just seems to me that if you take the narration out of this year's show it leaves a lot of empty silence that should be filled with drums and horns. Since I will always dismiss narration as crapola that leaves lots of holes in the show - For me. I also am not impressed with the drill. That is my opinion - not likely to change. I know it pisses off the Cadets "Borgs" but - so be it. None of their long-winded, artsy-fartsy explanations, or bashing, or whining will change my opinion. I will never like narration in drum corps. I don't even like it in Marching bands. Hell, I was angry as could be when they did a little narration during a homecoming half time show when I was in my college snareline. I was 18 then - I'm 42 now. Is that likely to change? - not really. But the Borgs will still try - I don't know why - I'm not worth the time they spend pounding their keyboards but they still do! That's the part I enjoy! Getting the little girls' panties in a ruffle over and over.

And Go Scouts!

So um...most of that post was just another diatribe against narration, again, which i just got done saying I dont really care about. As far as the empty spaces that would be there (the one relevant comment you had); for one they aren't 'empty'. There is usually pit going on in the background, or the hornline is playing. When they arent playing at all...it means they're doing silent drill, which is frickin hard.

I'd also challenge you to find me a corps out there that doesnt break up their musical phrases with pit and drum breaks. Even phantom, the dcp proclaimed champion of musical expression and cohesiveness does it sometimes. I would never hold this against them, as it must be done on some level to maintain the level of excellence in horn playing required to win dci nowadays. I love how the cavaliers get called on this all the time for taking little breaks here and there to save chops by rolling around, dancing, or doing fancy moves during pit breaks, and it is hailed as intelligent design / smarter not harder, yet when the cadets incorporate a little of that into their program, using an aspect of performance that people dont like (narration), all the sudden its a performance cop-out.

And arent you a little old to be playing with little girl's panties????? :angry:

I’ve never boo-ed a drum corps but I may boo Cadets this year. 2005 was not the kids’ fault, 2006 started a pattern and by 2007, they knew what they were doing, anyone that would go out for Cadets, hates traditional drum corps and is trying to kill drum corps, they need to be held accountable

Pathetic <**>

You might *think* you are a "fan" of drum corps - but sir, you are sadly mistaken.

Boo folks who PAID to entertain you and practiced 12 hours that day.

PATHETIC response on your part. IMHO

Anyone sitting around me "booing" a corps had best be prepared to face my wrath - I can't stand that - I have no patience for that after what was done to Star back in the 90's.

These are peoples kids buddy.

Never boo a show. You can bloo a show. You can withhold applause for a show. You can't boo a show. Even I would never boo a show, and people here think I'm some sort of monster. However,

Anyone sitting around me "booing" a corps had best be prepared to face my wrath

:o

Edited by The Nagging Cough!

And arent you a little old to be playing with little girl's panties????? :angry:

As long as they are over 18 I think it's OK. As for the rest of your reply see the line where I stated I just love waiting for the Borgs replies - Classic! You are done.

Have a good night!

Edited by Jazzycat1

As long as they are over 18 I think it's OK. As for the rest of your reply see the line where I stated I just love waiting for the Borgs replies - Classic! You are done.

Have a good night!

I am...hmm i see. So you wrote a post irrelevent to the issue, and then sidestepped two discussions about it by reverting to anti-narration rhetoric and old borg jokes. You sir, are truly a master of debate...

and you're calling me the borg :angry:

Even phantom, the dcp proclaimed champion of musical expression and cohesiveness does it sometimes. I would never hold this against them, as it must be done on some level to maintain the level of excellence in horn playing required to win dci nowadays. I love how the cavaliers get called on this all the time for taking little breaks here and there to save chops by rolling around, dancing, or doing fancy moves during pit breaks, and it is hailed as intelligent design / smarter not harder,

why do you always have to run down other corps to make your point?

Yep, must be those Cadets glasses you are wearing, the same ones that make you think this is an acceptable or even good idea for a drum corps show

I don’t take your word as fact, I read somewhere, not DCP, thinking Hops’s blog or YEA site their retention rate, it seemed way low to me - so give me a link or something to back up your claim and then it will be fact.

Mr Cough...Yeah, I have never booed a show before but I’m rather steamed and I blame the kids now where before it was just the staff. I too am perplexed at how booing is rude yet appropriate response and facing one’s wrath are considered noble and acceptable? I say bring it own – get your self tossed out of a show, all I did was boo in a football stadium, you are the one that took it to the next level. Just another reason to get a camera pass

Seeing that booing a show really doesn’t sit well with me anyway – how about if I just boo them headed into the stadium – or better yet, I boo the staff that is accompanying them into the stadium, then we all win – if it works out well, I can youtube it

I'll only see them finals week as they are not in the mid-west. I always try to watch each corps at least once a year, so I expect to see them on quarters

you can PM me if you so please although I have no clue what you mean greeted appropriately?

care to explain or is that some sort of thinly veiled threat ampssuck ?

done..... what a joke

Edited by Casaba