Future of the Cadets

So let me get this straight. You show a complete lack of disrespect for other people's opinions, yet demand it for yourself? Irony or idocy?

w/Stp:

As a note cowtown, when people that have no affiliation with the cadets start agreeing with 'the borg' or whatever you'd like to call us, it probably means you've said something a) really stupid, or B) really offensive.

edit - not to mention the fact that you havent responded to the people that are willing to put up with you and debate with you. Most of my points sit unanwered a few pages back as you attempt to defend yourself against so many others.

Edited by euponitone

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I have bashed this years Cadet program - I will never Boo any corps. No way - Never. I have unpopular opinions - obviously - but I would never stoop so low as to boo any corps performance.

As much as I have bashed this years Cadet program - I will never Boo any corps. No way - Never. I have unpopular opinions - obviously - but I would never stoop so low as to boo any corps performance.

Cool :)

No. seriously...cool. Depsite our personal preferences you and I have more in common because of this simple fact

So let me get this straight. You show a complete lack of disrespect for other people's opinions, yet demand it for yourself? Irony or idocy?

No, not at all

where do I ever demand respect, other than general polietness

where do I ever demand respect, other than general politeness, all I demand is the right to express my opinion freely (yeah, I’m still flying high after that American Birthday party)

And I am respectfully disagreeing with their opinions, I’m not the one making thinly veiled threats in attempts to shut others down

But hey, some lovely strawmen you built there, pity they were not my words or intent and frankly, I don’t know how you even came up with that, more so with what you quoted but I see you already got one person on your BANDwagon – but only because they like the message as your logic surely fails

Z - Happy?

Of course. I'm pretty much ALWAYS happy.......especially when I get a Spotted Cow or two in me.

spottedcow-thumb.jpg

Cool :)

No. seriously...cool. Depsite our personal preferences you and I have more in common because of this simple fact

Like I said - As much as I hate hearing any narration - I won't boo the Cadets, Or anyone else no matter what! Those kids work their ##### off and they should be praised!

Edited because I will make my snide tired 5:30pm rants some other time and this was way OT. :)

Back OT, Cadets always seem to make some wierd ### mysterious push at the end to take it to the next level and have for decades. So I wouldn't expect anything different this year.

Edited by WWonka

Most of my points sit unanwered a few pages back as you attempt to defend yourself against so many others.

I asked for a link to support your statement, you failed to provide one, I acknowledge what you said but also said it went against my prior knowledge, it became a side point

I also already quoted where I thought you ran another corps down and then referred you to it again – obfuscation is not really a debate tacit

Look, I even softend my stance and comprised a bit so really but many of you are being unreasonable and irrational, so I bid you good night, maybe when you have cooler heads we can try again

No, not at all

where do I ever demand respect, other than general politeness, all I demand is the right to express my opinion freely (yeah, I’m still flying high after that American Birthday party)

And I am respectfully disagreeing with their opinions, I’m not the one making thinly veiled threats in attempts to shut others down

But hey, some lovely strawmen you built there, pity they were not my words or intent and frankly, I don’t know how you even came up with that, more so with what you quoted but I see you already got one person on your BANDwagon – but only because they like the message as your logic surely fails

Since when was booing considered "general politeness?"

No, not at all

So you demand general politeness. I do not consider it polite to boo at a drum corps show. I think the vast majority of this forum will agree with me. Try again.

Also, your first amendments are not that black and white. While you may express your opinion, there are times when it is frankly innapropriate...the same reason you would not be allowed into the state of the union speech wearing a 'bush sucks' shirt. Can you hold that opinion, yes, but there are the rights of others to consider. Do the people around you have the right to listen to a show without hearing you complain? Do the performers have the right to do their show without negative interference? When you bring up things like the 1st ammendmant, all you do is complicate the argument, and you do nothing to help your point.