What show designs should be out there?

What kinds of shows would you like to see on the field. What kind of music, drill, which group would you like to see producing your idea? I'm just curious to see what the creative minds of drum corps fans come up with.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three words: TOWER...OF...POWER.

Yeah, I know the Blue Devils did something like that in '75, but still. That show would RULE!

1. Take the drill from the Cavaliers, along with the intense/sharp marching style of the Santa Clara Vanguard

2. Mix in a little Phantom Regiment "in your face" lush classical music, and perhaps a dash of Blue Devils mega-chords for a jazz number

3. Toss in some bright color (via uniforms and flags) and cool "not all in unison" rifle work from the colorguard (SCV 2004, Phantom 2006, or SCV 2007 will do)

4. Add to that a hot, well-tuned drumline (ala SCV 2004, Phantom Regiment 2006/2007, Bluecoats 2006, or Cadets 2000)

5. Mix it all together with the most talented performers from around the world

And whallah! The perfect drum corps show! :D As to who I'd like to produce it?? ...one guess

Edited by PeeWee

1. Take the drill from the Cavaliers

2. Mix in a little Phantom Regiment/Santa Clara Vanguard "in your face" classical music, and perhaps a dash of Blue Devils mega-chords for a jazz number

3. Toss in some bright color (via uniforms and flags) and cool "not all in unison" rifle work from the colorguard

4. Add to that a hot drumline (ala SCV 2004, Phantom Regiment 2006/2007, or Cadets 2000)

5. Mix it all together with the most talented performers from around the world

And whallah! The perfect drum corps show! :D

...I think I need to change.

A show entitled "DCP -- A Day In The Life":

Two narrators argue back and forth, listening to each other only long enough to pull quotes from the other out of context. Occasionally, a third narrator joins in to "keep the show on track," and a 4th supplies incomprehensible non-sequitors. Meanwhile, the corps plays Maleguena for 11 minutes straight while forming various emoticons on the field. After 11 minutes, the Drum Major "closes" the show and moves it to another forum.

A lot to choose from

"Sweeney Todd", by Sondheim is (in my opinion) musically his best work and would make for some great moments on the field. No need for a literal bloody interpretation. The songs "Not While I'm Around" and "Johanna" are beautiful ballads, and there's some kick-### brass parts as well as things a good percussion section could nail. The setting would be turn-of-the century london and dark. This is being made into a Tim Burton movie with Johnny Depp, and unless they completely screw it up (Burton is hit-and-miss imho), should be a hit. It is supposed to open in December (weird timing)

"The Bells" by Rachmanninoff. Phantom. 100% Phantom. Beautiful stuff. Fast stuff. Big sound. Would be awesome.

"Planet Earth" Mix in things like the opening ceremonies from the Salt Lake olympics (think Julie Tamor-Broadway's Lion King), Music to emulate various animals/continents. Would be great. A guard member's wet-dream. I could see Phantom, Vanguard, or Crown doing a nice job with this.

Music from "Dune". Cadets. 100% Cadets. Good stuff.

I often think about shows when I hear music. Maybe one day I can retire from this job and learn to do some design work.

"What is hip? Tell me, tell me, if you think knooow!"

:D

All I know is I want Nessun Dorma as the ballad!!! :doh::worthy::angry:

A show entitled "DCP -- A Day In The Life":

Two narrators argue back and forth, listening to each other only long enough to pull quotes from the other out of context. Occasionally, a third narrator joins in to "keep the show on track," and a 4th supplies incomprehensible non-sequitors. Meanwhile, the corps plays Maleguena for 11 minutes straight while forming various emoticons on the field. After 11 minutes, the Drum Major "closes" the show and moves it to another forum.

twinkies are good to eat

All I know is I want Nessun Dorma as the ballad!!! :doh::worthy::angry:

Been done. Phantom did an all Opera show in 1991. :)