What show designs should be out there?

Music from "Dune". Cadets. 100% Cadets. Good stuff.

I often think about shows when I hear music. Maybe one day I can retire from this job and learn to do some design work.

Which Dune did you have in mind? The movie from around 1984 w/ Sting in it (I think Toto <the group, not the dog> wrote the music for the movie) , or the Sci-Fi Channel mini-series put out a few years ago?

If Cadets do it, are they going to have giant worms come up through the field and devour parts of the corps? They could invert the Z-pull and call it "folding space".

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glassmen 2006

Yeah, I saw that show...for some reason, it just didn't do much for me (nothing against the Glassman, of course).

Perhaps if a corps like Vanguard or Phatnom did it...

I've seen on here in threads similar to this one, but I feel the need to say it again. As far as rock/pop stuff goes, someone needs to do Sufjan Stevens. There's plenty of material to make a fantastic corps show. His arrangements are fairly dense, he studied music in college. I'm working on a little mock show based on material from his Michigan album right now. I did Illinois last summer, but my computer crashed and I lost it. Boo.

YES! YES! YES! That would be absolutely beautiful.

It didn't do much for me, either. Part of my gripe was with the arrangements but, moreover, I simply don't think that Beethoven's music is very well-suited to the drum corps medium. There's a reason that, aside from "Ode to Joy," we've seen little by LvB put on the field over the years.

It didn't do much for me, either. Part of my gripe was with the arrangements but, moreover, I simply don't think that Beethoven's music is very well-suited to the drum corps medium. There's a reason that, aside from "Ode to Joy," we've seen little by LvB put on the field over the years.

Perhaps...oh well. Beethoven is still "The Man".

<Inappropriate image removed> MS

There was a corps out there that would play rock and this sort of stuff - Quad City Knights.

Problem is, most rock isn't that technical/difficult to play (please see Cavaliers 2007 for more information b**bs )

But it's fun to listen to and not boring! b**bs

:worthy:

:P

I think a Radiohead show would be pretty cool if pulled off correctly. It would be great to have it very dark and introspective (BK would do it best in my opinion... Phantom would be a good candidate, but I would hate to see them break their classical tradition). I'd stick with songs from Kid A, but maybe add I Will from Hail to the Thief in there somewhere. I think it would be a neat chorale-type piece.

Greatful Dead - But only if they allow us to have the field for 3 1/2 hours. :P