176 members have voted

1. 1. Cadets take home the flag

• 1984 (West Side Story)

1987 for me. Best show ever.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while i dont think its the best of the of those years...the ballad in 2005 with the drumline doing the psuedo double time figures back field has to be on of the top moments in cadet history.

That, and the umbrella are my favorite moments from that show. Hop played us a judges tape from SA (GE music I think) and as that moment built up, he kept talking louder and louder into his tape, until he finally screamed HOLY SHHIITTT!!! at the climax of the ballad. Its one of the funniest yet proudest things ive ever heard.

C'mon...don't be so modest :D

I think Cadets 1987 is the greatest show in the history of DCI. When you look in the dictionary under "Visual Effect", you should see a picture of the company front at the end! And that's not even to mention the music book - I'm sure Copland would have been stunned at the thought that someone would try to play his 1st violin parts on a 2 valve soprano bugle!

But 1984 and 1993 are not too far behind it in my book. And in fairness, I think some of the Cadets non-championship shows are among the most rewarding to go back and check out. 1992, 1989, 1995, 2001 are quite impressive in their own ways, even if they didn't manage to bring home a title.

Just thought i would throw this in there, since I couldnt allow a cadets thread to sink away without it being said...

NARRATION.......AHHHH

Much like the beginning of BK '02 (I think). Right at the beginning you can hear someone fart, then a woman laugh. Very funny stuff. Someone please correct the year if I've got it wrong.

Whoa, are you serious?

1. 1984(absolutely NO doubt about it for me)

2. 1987

3. 1998

4. 1983

5. 1985

6. 2000

7. 1990

Now, here's a man with good taste :D

Says a lot when someone from a year that receives as much love as the 84 show praises another year as here--about the corps, the poster, as well as the year!

And I happen to agree with the poster. Hard to say best ever, but certainly my favorite Cadets show ever--despite the drum major! ^0^