How to know when you're a drum corps fanatic

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-You HIGH mark time in public

:P Surprised no one commented that this came from a younger member who probably only saw corps doing high mark times on old films. :P No a slam, great that some younger folks mention this.

s/ Guy who marched in that era and has the arthritic toes to prove it. :(

Back to topic - If you're the only one in your family who can sleep sitting upright on a bus and you search eBay for your old corps stuff.

:P Surprised no one commented that this came from a younger member who probably only saw corps doing high mark times on old films. :P No a slam, great that some younger folks mention this.

s/ Guy who marched in that era and has the arthritic toes to prove it. :(

Back to topic - If you're the only one in your family who can sleep sitting upright on a bus and you search eBay for your old corps stuff.

No slam taken, my friend :D

But I am definatly guilty of that. Even my fellow band people get on my back for that. :blink:

No slam taken, my friend :D

But I am definatly guilty of that. Even my fellow band people get on my back for that. :lol:

:P Drum Corps Trivia question: Why did a lot of corps in the 60s/70s wear white buck type shoes and have dark pants with a white strip down the middle. Answer: So you could see the heel to knee mark time better. Not kidding...

1) You run into the same people at corps shows and know:

- what corps they are/were with

- what instrument they play

- what they drink

What you usually don't know...

- Their last name and sometimes the first.... :rock:

2) Watching the Jim Carrey movie "The Mask" and when Jim does "Cuban Pete" (Desi Arnez/Ricky Ricardo song) your first thought is Hawthorne Caballeros 'cause they did it back in the 60s.

3) Owning a CD copy of the Cabs show with "Cuban Pete" :P (and other old shows)

4) Watching corps films online during lunch at work because the work network is faster. :)

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

:P Drum Corps Trivia question: Why did a lot of corps in the 60s/70s wear white buck type shoes and have dark pants with a white strip down the middle. Answer: So you could see the heel to knee mark time better. Not kidding...

You run into the same people at corps shows and know:

- what corps they are/were with

- what instrument they play

- what they drink

What you usually don't know...

- Their last name and sometimes the first.... :rock:

Heh...I didn't know that. I just think the high mark time looks so much better than the low mark time. Something about it seems so military and showy (for lack of a better term).

...When your iPod has it's own DCI playlist

...When the majority of the music played in your car, is DCI

...When your iPod has it's own DCI playlist

...When the majority of the music played in your car, is DCI

Yup, that'll do it.

-You can't stand the sound of your turn signal when it's not in time with the music on your radio.

-You subconsciously walk in step with the people next to you.

-Every time you see a charter bus you wonder what corps is on it (regardless of the fact it's October)

I agree with those 3 the most! :D

when the turn signal isn't in time, i just turn up the radio louder so i don't have to listen to it.

And whats even worse is when you try to get out of step with the people next to you, but you still manage to get back in step some how.

...When your myspace (yes, I know I'm a loser) has the scores of your favorite corps