Brief Allentown Review - Sunday

were you there??? how do you not know that they didn't put it in? just because they're "supposed" to not unveil it until texas doesn't mean that actually have to wait.

seriously... what the crap are the cavaliers doing waiting until the end of July to put on the rest of their show.

THAT is a DUMB move.

The ending of last night's show isn't the "true" ending. It is the first (or second, I lose count) fake ending that they have. The Cavaliers usually always wait until the mid/end of July to put on their final ending. It's not anything new. And amazingly enough, they have won a Championship (or two or so) with this system.

BTW, I heard about the new ending... it should be killer!

Edited by i_play_percussion

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

were you there??? how do you not know that they didn't put it in?

Was I there? No.

Do I have six and a half guys that I've "adopted" for the season marching there? Yes.

Did I get that information from "the horse's mouth?" Yes.

The Cadets put out an insanely difficult show and chop away at it until they have their "complete" show at the end of the season.

The Cavaliers put out several versions of their show, building and adding to it until they have their "complete" show at the end of the season.

Everybody does it a little different.

Dude, seriously.. it's just drum corps.

Stef

Do I have six and a half guys that I've "adopted" for the season marching there? Yes.

Sorry but I've got to ask - how do you get a 1/2 guy? Or is he only marching 2nd half of tour?

were you there??? how do you not know that they didn't put it in? just because they're "supposed" to not unveil it until texas doesn't mean that actually have to wait.

seriously... what the crap are the cavaliers doing waiting until the end of July to put on the rest of their show.

THAT is a DUMB move.

Yup, it was dumb in 01, 02, 03, 04, and 06 also. Why would they do something that, to some, OBVIOUSLY hasn't worked for them? What are they thinking?

Was I there? No.

Did I get that information from "the horse's mouth?" Yes.

The Cadets put out an insanely difficult show and chop away at it until they have their "complete" show at the end of the season.

The Cavaliers put out several versions of their show, building and adding to it until they have their "complete" show at the end of the season.

Everybody does it a little different.

Dude, seriously.. it's just drum corps.

Stef

I stand by my argument. They do have an 'ending' but the show is not as long as it will be. In the past, I know they have added some minor things to their ending, or cut one ending and replaced it with another. Yes, EVERY corps does THAT... But from what i've heard the cavaliers don't even have 10 minutes on the field. They are adding another movement or whatever you guys call it.

I call it a DUMB MOVE because they are being conditioned to perform a 9 and a half minute show, but they are waiting, for WHO KNOWS what reason to add the "real ending" that will add, im guessing, a minute or so...

Why have they not had SOMETHING in place of that extra time just so the corps can feel what it's like to perform an 11 minute show.

I call "not fielding your entire show until late July"... a DUMB move. I don't care that they've somehow managed to win championships using that formula. I am telling you that I WOULD NEVER DO THAT if I ran a drum corps. Would you?

Maybe next time, you might want to elaborate on how you know that this ending wasn't the 'real ending,' instead of just saying it wasn't. IT STIRS THE BLOOD!! lol

I stand by my argument. They do have an 'ending' but the show is not as long as it will be. In the past, I know they have added some minor things to their ending, or cut one ending and replaced it with another. Yes, EVERY corps does THAT... But from what i've heard the cavaliers don't even have 10 minutes on the field. They are adding another movement or whatever you guys call it.

I call it a DUMB MOVE because they are being conditioned to perform a 9 and a half minute show, but they are waiting, for WHO KNOWS what reason to add the "real ending" that will add, im guessing, a minute or so...

Why have they not had SOMETHING in place of that extra time just so the corps can feel what it's like to perform an 11 minute show.

I call "not fielding your entire show until late July"... a DUMB move. I don't care that they've somehow managed to win championships using that formula. I am telling you that I WOULD NEVER DO THAT if I ran a drum corps. Would you?

Maybe next time, you might want to elaborate on how you know that this ending wasn't the 'real ending,' instead of just saying it wasn't. IT STIRS THE BLOOD!! lol

The Cavaliers are not performing under ten minutes. they did at the beginning of the season when they were stopping right after pressure, but they do a lot more after pressure now, just not exactly what they will be doing at the end of the season. but their show is no way under time or they would be getting timing penalties now.

Sorry but I've got to ask - how do you get a 1/2 guy? Or is he only marching 2nd half of tour?

My boyfriend and I adopted the bass line (5 of them -- all rook outs) and we have a tuba kid we adopted last year and this year, too.. and then we got a message from the father of another kid in the snare line (his dad is an alumni of blue stars.. and so is my boyfriend) asking us to bring him a rug for the bus -- and we expanded his bag to include some other goodies, too.. so even though we didn't "officially" adopt that kid, we sort of did.. so I consider him a half.

That probably makes no sense.. and that's okay with me. :) It was fun to see the big smile on his face when we showed up with a bag of goodies for that 1/2 a kid completely out of the blue.

Stef

they're probably rehearsing it, though.

that they are.. the way they do it works for them..

and to answer bear's question.. if I was running a drum corps with a staff that talented with that much success doing it the way they do.. heck yes, it's what I'd do!!

Stef