Atlanta Lineup out on DCI.org

This is only my opinion but I think the corp as a whole had the light come on (2001) and looked at how consistant the cavaliers, bluedevils and cadets were and decided to approach things differently. They created a firm foundation with great organizational aquisitions. They had clear vision on how things were to be done day to day. There show design has been evolving year after year and they are doing a much better job at maxing out the captions. If they continue down this path I see the winning another championship very soon if not this year!

Edited by Phantombari1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dinner happens at the CNN Center and there is a National Anthem (done by the CorpsVets) and a welcome back to the dome.

And Atlanta is NOTHING like any other drum corps competition. It's the longest show of the year if I remember correctly.

Last year the CNN Center was crazy busy. I have never had a more difficult time finding a table. Haha. And the Starbucks in the convention center was really busy too. I waited 30 minutes for a frappuccino that they forgot to make. Hopefully they have better service this time around. :)

Saturday must come sooner :)

Rex and I have been trying to figure this one out:

From DCI.org

"Georgia Dome; Atlanta, GA

Lineups for the July 14, Coltrin & Associates DCI Southeastern Championship in Atlanta, Ga. Lineup was determined by the competitive results of the DCI Eastern Classic on July 7 and 8 in Allentown, Pa."

Based on the scores that we've seen published on DCP and DCI.org - the order is messed-up.

The Blue Devils had the highest score of the weekend in Allentown.

1. Blue Devils 86.47

2. The Cadets 85.70

3. Cavaliers 85.33

4. Bluecoats 84.75

5. Phantom Regiment 83.95

6. Santa Clara Vanguard 83.42

7. Carolina Crown 83.13

Looks to us like both of the Blue teams got the shaft.

Who's doing the math over at DCI?

IRMO - thank you for pointing that out. I read the post you mention and understand how they MAY have done it. However, that is in contradiction to what they SAY was the method used.

We do not believe there's any "draw" mentioned or any sort of ambiguity associated with "Lineup was determined by the competitive results of the DCI Eastern Classic on July 7 and 8 in Allentown, Pa."

To most reasonable people - the methodology described in the DCI.org article would give the preferred performance position (last) to the corps that scored the highest. The next most-favorable position to the corps that scored the next-highest. And so on.

If a draw was in-fact used to determine the performance order in Atlanta - why not just say so?

It is the lack of attention to details on the ONE thing that DCI should have no problems executing - contest management - that makes one wonder.

Maybe its just the heat and the need for a fresh mojito - of course.

Awesome - the lineup won't interrupt my regular 10:07 bowel movement. Good thing I'm in club level seats! Worth every penny for a clean stall. I look forward to good old Southern drum corps. I do, however, hope they decide to open the bar for business this year. I like a little Ketel One & tonic to add to the love of pure brass & percussion.

Go Troop, Go Regiment, Go SCV!

IRMO - thank you for pointing that out. I read the post you mention and understand how they MAY have done it. However, that is in contradiction to what they SAY was the method used.

We do not believe there's any "draw" mentioned or any sort of ambiguity associated with "Lineup was determined by the competitive results of the DCI Eastern Classic on July 7 and 8 in Allentown, Pa."

To most reasonable people - the methodology described in the DCI.org article would give the preferred performance position (last) to the corps that scored the highest. The next most-favorable position to the corps that scored the next-highest. And so on.

If a draw was in-fact used to determine the performance order in Atlanta - why not just say so?

It is the lack of attention to details on the ONE thing that DCI should have no problems executing - contest management - that makes one wonder.

Maybe its just the heat and the need for a fresh mojito - of course.

From the DCI Website

Georgia Dome; Atlanta, GA

Lineups for the July 14, Coltrin & Associates DCI Southeastern Championship in Atlanta, Ga. Lineup was determined by the competitive results of the DCI Eastern Classic on July 7 and 8 in Allentown, Pa in combination with a random draw in groups of threes (1-3 ranked corps, 4-6 ranked corps, etc.).

Mike