Cavaliers Technique Question

great thanks,

no rush I am just curious how it is defined and what makes it different because it does look different than other corps and it would be interesting to know what makes that different look.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a Cavalier nor do I, even after attending a camp, say I know anything... but from what I understood (if the question is about the knee bend) that the technique differs in the swing-thru... rather than "skimming the grass" like I have at straight-leg style ensembles, the Cavaliers swing-thru with their toes pointed straight down (sole of the foot parallel to the leg) which creates the signature bent-knee...

What's this noise about a bad marcher video on you tube? I wanna see. What's it titled?

It's some guy at his marching band practice (I assume) with his buddies filming him mocking various corps style and them gratuitously laughing at him. I watched it and will never get that time back. I must admit I turned it off after a minute, just wasn't interesting and very juvenile. If you want to see it, search "marching technique" that's how I got there.

I must admit I turned it off after a minute, just wasn't interesting and very juvenile.

So it's not at all surprising that cire was the one behind it.

The basics block. Feared by many.

I know its all a matter of opinion, but when the cavies to a basics block in unis, do they look as good as the cadets?

(only using that as a comparison cause ive only seen cadets)

please tell me what it explains?

If its the same video i saw a while ago, I thought it was hilarious. And im pretty sure you make fun of my corps as well....wth do i care though :)

If its the same video i saw a while ago, I thought it was hilarious. And im pretty sure you make fun of my corps as well....wth do i care though :)

it is. and the next one will be even funnier, with even more corps.. including BD. and yes.. it will even include props and who knows.. maybe some narration

please tell me what it explains?

That the person who made the video is a joker, and gets off on being the center of attention, and that they really dislike the Cavalier style. At least that is what I got out of it. I could be wrong......I have been in the past.