Favorite Drum Corps Meal

Fave meal in 84 BD for me was the beef stroganoff we had just prior to entering Canada.....not because of teh food itself (it was actually our WORST meal on tour) but for the sheer entertainment value of...

1) Getting stuck at the border crossing with with full convoys of BD, Freelancers, 27th, and Garfield (poor border guards!)

2) Our food crew opting to open the doors and give the beef stroganoff away to whoever wanted it instead of just dumping it

3) The sight of so many Cadets clamoring around OUR truck to get some, like a swarm of locusts on an isolated farmstead

We watched in amazement/horror and were thinking "don't they FEED you guys?"

Anyone who was there should remember!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best food experiences:

~When the food truck broke down/caught fire one morning and the support staff went to the grocery store to buy breakfast. We had the best cereal selection that morning.

~the bbq chicken we had in spring training

~In 02 when you shucked your own ear of corn and put it in the basket.

~Every time Crown and Cadets joined forces around the 4th and there was that loooong buffet

~The age-out dinner at the end of the season

~When the Aimachi director volunteered on the food truck in 05 and we had beef teryaki and fried rice. And sushi

~Walking around other corps trucks after a show to see if they had better food that night. Eating some if they did.

~Taking a plate of good food to my friend in Magic in 03.

~Who doesn't like Taco Salad??

~Beef stir fry with the snap peas, rice, and texas pete.

~I saw someone else say it but it's worth saying again, canned frosting and graham crackers

~Breakfast burritos

~Drinking a cup of coffee before I woke up the field liners.

~Not telling them

~English muffins with a slice of cheese and some bacon on top.

~strawberry yogurt (if the guard didn't decide to pig out)

~biscuits and gravy

~When a dog tried to steal Matt Seagrave's waffle...Le'go my Eggo!

~SWEET TEA!!!!!

Not so good food experiences:

~Tater tot casserole (after the 3rd day of having it)

~The drinks the day a new volunteer shuttle shows up.(thanks for trying though)

~When the food truck bought a new garden hose...tasted that stuff all summer.

~The cigarette-flavored spaghetti

~I was never crazy about the corps's hot dogs.

~The time in spring training at Indian Land HS when one of the guard members(supported by other guard members) wanted a lighter lunch.

~Tater tot casserole (after the 3rd day of having it)

A Susan Murphy Classic. :doh:

Back in the day when Spirit couldn't afford Orange Juice we would have Tang with pulp added. <**>

:doh: Purple drink?

:laugh:~~~~~.....

OMG... the memories of the field discussions that came after the first time they served the purple stuff. :huh:

My favorite: PC make your own burrito nights... and Tang-ade! PB & Honey is another good one...

I left one out of my not-so-favorite food experiences:

~What's with the Jelly? I mean, why is it easier to spread aluminum than that jello-ish stuff?

- CHICKEN PATTY PARMESAN! (and pretty much anything they could think of to do with Chicken Patties. :satisfied:)

- Buffalo/Teriyaki Wings

- Mashed potatoes and gravy (YUM-O! <$1 to Rachel Ray>)

- Spaghetti

- BOX 5 (yellow gatorade + red gatorade = box 5)

My favorite was always the standard trash bag taco salad. YUM!!

I was volunteering for Madison for a bit and the guy running the food had us make Collard greens and black eyed peas :satisfied: I was horrified.

ETA: The boys were very sweet and ate them but there was a long line at the peanut butter. *L

Edited by Sister

At Boston. I used to love some "Sader Stew"!!!!!

At Cadets. We seemed to eat really good so I would have to say all of it. I can only remeber one bad meal. And that was hot dogs and baked beans at "Every Days". And that was only bad cause it was lunch and afterwards the brass staff had us for sectionals. We did a lot of running that day. Not fun. Of course we had more choices. But who can resist a hot dog. :laugh:

I was going to post "Sader Stew" But you beat me to it. And Cadets do eat like a Champ!!!

P.S. We marched together in 94

Dunno that it was my favorite - it just *was* the circumstance that on tour I lived on 1 Big Mac and a small carton of milk...sometimes that was it for the whole day....

OH MAN... SWEET TEA!!!!

At the Elizabeth, PA show I wanted to snag some but they sadly did not make any for after show .. though some of my buddies told me they had it for dinner. Rats!