• 1983 Garfield Cadets 94.40
    • 1984 Garfield Cadets 98.00
    • 1985 Garfield Cadets 98.40
    • 1986 Blue Devils 98.40
    • 1987 Garfield Cadets 97.90
    • 1988 Madison Scouts 97.10
    • 1989 Santa Clara Vanguard 98.80*

The highest score, I'm assuming.

btw - that score latest until 2002 when the Cavaliers finally broke it! :)

I asked this question about a year ago but no one could remember or give me an answer ..... but I could have sworn seeing original recaps that had SCV 89 with a .4 penalty and a raw score of 99.20. <--------rediculous score (no offense to SCV)

I asked this question about a year ago but no one could remember or give me an answer ..... but I could have sworn seeing original recaps that had SCV 89 with a .4 penalty and a raw score of 99.20. <--------rediculous score (no offense to SCV)

When you're good, you're good B)

Almost the same conflict I had with the champion of the 70's. Another Madison/BD conflict. But for me it comes down to Madison 88 and SCV 89. I agree with lead sop 97 about 1989 even being the best Phantom SCV performed - that was the 1988 show. So my vote goes to that incredible performance of Madison in 1988 in KC. What a night!

86 BD followed closely by 85 Garfield

To the OP:

You've made polls now for the 70s and 80s, and I expect to see one for the 90s soon. I'm just curious as to how/where a 16 year old has viewed over 20 years worth of drum corps to the point that you feel able to comment on just about any show that's mentioned. Just wondering....

didn't see a response for this one :doh: --- isn't he a reporter though?? He has made over 1000 posts in a little over 2 months since he joined DCP. I think it said something like 15.4 posts per day :laugh:

Really though, he seems like a huge fan, and that is great. I wish when I was just starting to get into drum corps that I had the access to recordings/technology etc. of today.

I voted '84 Garfield. Great, great show!!! What would their overall score have been if the drum line had been able to score in 3rd place in that caption (didn't they end up 9th? probably due to more marching demands that percussion had ever had on them previously.)?

But my vote for the all-time champion during the tick system would be the '82 Blue Devils. A MONSTER of a corps and a show.

I voted for the 84 Garfield. Although SCV 89 was a really close second and 85 Garfield changed the way we used colorguard equipment! Was 80 BD the year they did Channel One at a break neck pace? LOVE that hornline!

kenny

Santa Clara 89, Browdway for everyone!

Still get goosebumps.

To the OP:

You've made polls now for the 70s and 80s, and I expect to see one for the 90s soon. I'm just curious as to how/where a 16 year old has viewed over 20 years worth of drum corps to the point that you feel able to comment on just about any show that's mentioned. Just wondering....

Maybe - corpsreps.com/fromthepressbox.com???