Your Prayers Are Needed.....Please

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fran,

I have been watching this thread since first called to my attention by Vic Kulinski. But I've not had the words to express my feelings; certainly not to the level of eloquence as has been written here in the previous 241 posts.

Having been only "reintroduced" to Barbara just months ago, her recent health problem came as quite a personal shock. Good gravy, I have probably known her longer than you have! But clearly, her progress has come as a result of all the well wishes you and she have received here -- and lots of help from above.

We will miss you both in Nashville this coming Saturday. What remains is the question of whether I, as the replacement announcer, will also be required to wear something resembling your normal attire at these affairs...

So simply, I add my very best wishes to both of you!

Edited by K2SMA

Have not been on site for some time and just the other day read of Barb's illness. Barb was a recruit/passenger of mine in my van from Baltimore to Westshore from 78 to 80 after the Rebel breakup. On behalf of Danny/Cathy Magsamen, Vinny Colletti, Mike Bordinsky, Greg Lutz, Eddie Kitrinick(fellow mallat player), John/Julie Close, and all the other Drum Corps Nuts that joined us on our van "migration" north to pursue our passion...I offer our heartfelt thanks to GOD that Barb has come through this and is progressing. I saw her at the the 06 Forum and look forward to the next time I see/greet her and can look into her face and share a hug of friendship and comradrierie. BTW....ask if she remembers the winter of 79 when we got back to the B.G.&E lot off of I- 83 where we parked after the blizzard. We had to stay the night in Carlisle...on Mr Hershmens dime....and we got back the next morning and the cars we're buried. We had a new recruit from the Naval Academy who was from Florida. He had never seen snow before and as we all dug cars out........he was making "snow angels" and playing in the parking lot till a guy with a plow came and dug everyone out...her car included. She is a joy to know and and a pleasure to have as a friend and co competitor. :laugh:

BTW....ask if she remembers the winter of 79 when we got back to the B.G.&E lot off of I- 83 where we parked after the blizzard. We had to stay the night in Carlisle...on Mr Hershmens dime....and we got back the next morning and the cars were buried.

Yep.... she remembers that night very well.... one of her favorite "war stories" from her Westshore days!

BTW, Barbara asked me tonight to thank each and every one of you....our drum corps friends.... for your cards, your prayers and your thoughts as she battles to recover. (Well, actually, she didn't ask.... she, instead, uhhhh....instructed me to put a post out on DCP. :) )

Quite frankly, the past two days or so have been a bit frustrating. The doctors had put Barbara on a medication aimed at boosting her energy level.... and it instead made her almost manic, to the point that she couldn't focus on any one thought or task for more than 20 seconds or so.....literally. One thing to another, to another, to another, over and over.

This went on for quite a while....until her nurses and I persuaded the resident on duty to discontinue that particular medication. I normally don't do this, but I got a bit "in your face Jersey guy" on the resident, regarding the use of that medication. Oh well...nothing personal. Once a Jersey guy, always a Jersey guy, I suppose.

Anyhow... Barbara was finally able to relax a little and got some sleep. I guess we'll take the good days with some bad moments, too. Bottom line... she is improving, albeit slowly. Much better than the alternative!

Fran

It warms my heart to hear about her improvement!

Thoughts and prayers from Erie, PA

This went on for quite a while....until her nurses and I persuaded the resident on duty to discontinue that particular medication. I normally don't do this, but I got a bit "in your face Jersey guy" on the resident, regarding the use of that medication. Oh well...nothing personal. Once a Jersey guy, always a Jersey guy, I suppose.

Fran

Sometimes you need to get "Jersey" on a medical persons heinie to help the patient my friend. Was going to say how it important it is for a patient to have someone advocating (aka fighting) for them when needed but you already know this.

Thanks for the reports Fran, still thinking and praying for you two.

Heh, gonna have to remember the "going Jersey" term if I need to use it (again).

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Glad to hear that Barbara continues to make progress. Your friends in Blue continue to send their good thoughts and prayers to you and Barbara.

Yep.... she remembers that night very well.... one of her favorite "war stories" from her Westshore days!

BTW, Barbara asked me tonight to thank each and every one of you....our drum corps friends.... for your cards, your prayers and your thoughts as she battles to recover. (Well, actually, she didn't ask.... she, instead, uhhhh....instructed me to put a post out on DCP. :) )

Quite frankly, the past two days or so have been a bit frustrating. The doctors had put Barbara on a medication aimed at boosting her energy level.... and it instead made her almost manic, to the point that she couldn't focus on any one thought or task for more than 20 seconds or so.....literally. One thing to another, to another, to another, over and over.

Anyhow... Barbara was finally able to relax a little and got some sleep. I guess we'll take the good days with some bad moments, too. Bottom line... she is improving, albeit slowly. Much better than the alternative!

Fran

Fran, thanks for teaching (and demonstrating) the "in sickness and in health" part of the vows. What a powerteam you two are.

Thanks for the update. Sunday's sermon was about "God's Will". Everyone talks about "It's God's Will" when someone passes, a bridge collapses, a hurricaine hits. But God's will is also in the sun rise, a baby being born, and Barbara's continued recovery.

Keep us updated!!!! B)