Ring Chasers

I used to want to do this. I went from wanting to join cavies because they always place 1st or 2nd to wanting to join a corps that has a sense of history and family.

The Cavaliers don't have a sense of history or family?

I beg to differ.

There is NOTHING wrong with wanting to be a part of any top quality ensemble, regardless of how many championships they've won. Recently, or ever. It's the mentality the corps has that makes the difference.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of hmm several instances where once a corps member was found out to be a " Jumper" lets call it and a ring Chaser at times during tour wasn't very fun for him/her off and on throughout tour. Was somewhat of a rude awakening.

Edited by Zeke

Whatever happened to...

... joining the Blue Devils 'cause you like Jazz?

... joinging the Cavaliers because you like the drill/theatrics?

... joinging Phantom 'cause you like classical music?

... etc.

Thats why Ray Bourque asked to be traded to Colorado in midseason for $$$ then why did he retire after he won the stanley cup??

A-Rod already got his money when he signed with texas so that wouldn't be for money.

Yankees do have the loot but thats not the FREAKIN point that I was looking for Wade Boggs went to the Yankees cause he knew he could win a ring,

IT IS HUMAN NATURE TO WANT TO WIN OR TO BE SUCCESSFUL!!

I think sports are a different ball of wax entirely. That is their JOB. They get paid, they don't pay for the pleasure. Going to more successful team is like climbing the corporate ladder; it's a promotion.

And as far as folks who hopped corps....some of us had to keep finding new corps cause our old one folded! :(

By the time I got to Cadets, every corps I had been in had folded; the joke was I would be cut just to keep the Cadets alive :)

Peace,

Cathie

Whatever happened to...

... joining the Blue Devils 'cause you like Jazz?

... joinging the Cavaliers because you like the drill/theatrics?

... joinging Phantom 'cause you like classical music?

... etc.

Can't be those reasons..

Has to be for the bling

:doh:

Can't be those reasons..

Has to be for the bling

:doh:

What about joining the cadets because you play jazz, i mean american, i mean contemporary, i mean techno/ bjork, i mean fan pleasing, i mean, fan pissing off, i mean bjork, i mean.......MALFUNCTION.....

What about joining the cadets because you play jazz, i mean american, i mean contemporary, i mean techno/ bjork, i mean fan pleasing, i mean, fan pissing off, i mean bjork, i mean.......MALFUNCTION.....

Alright, well thanks for the contribution.