Cadets in Good Position

Like so many of us who are tracking what's going on between the Blue Devils, Cadets and Cavaliers -- I'm going to speak from a Cadet fan perspective. I like the position that they are in. This season is looking and feeling so much like 2005. San Antonio is where the Cadets established themselves that year and I'm hoping with the inclusion of their epilog they will edge ahead of the three corps race to Pasadena. Yes, anyone of the three can win but its looking good for the Cadets - fan or not. Just in case you didn't know; the Cadets are using narration in their prodution of "This I Believe". :P

I want to repeat from an earlier posting I did; the Cadets will win their 10th World Championships and they will have their Guard to thank.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like so many of us who are tracking what's going on between the Blue Devils, Cadets and Cavaliers -- I'm going to speak from a Cadet fan perspective. I like the position that they are in. This season is looking and feeling so much like 2005. San Antonio is where the Cadets established themselves that year and I'm hoping with the inclusion of their epilog they will edge ahead of the three corps race to Pasadena. Yes, anyone of the three can win but its looking good for the Cadets - fan or not. Just in case you didn't know; the Cadets are using narration in their prodution of "This I Believe". :P

I want to repeat from an earlier posting I did; the Cadets will win their 10th World Championships and they will have their Guard to thank.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Sorry, but I don't care for the Cadets program due to the incessant chatter. I think the Cadet program should be labelled, the LIBERAL AGENDA INFOMERCIAL. I believe in FREE CHOICE, I believe in being FREE TO CHOOSE....what a bunch of liberal crap! This is Drum and Bugle Corps, not some 'right coast' Democratic Party rah rah session. If these guys win, then I do not get this "sport" at all. If they would just dispense with the commentary, the show would be good. The commentary, much of which I miss and which helps distort talented musicians, is distracting and BS from a content perspective! Just my humble opinion. Caveliers were good, but seemed a bit laissez faire in Atlanta, probably why they came in third place. Blue Devils deserved to win. The first part of the program was riveting, bgut it needs work in the middle and the end. The Phantom Regiment flower duet piece was probably some of the best music I've heard---heavenly. They need to work their GE and color guard. Just some random thoughts. Sorry, Cadets! I calls them as I sees them.

ugh!! "Liberal Agenda"

Freedom - the ability to choose what one wishes to do with their life isn't a liberal thought at all. In fact - I'd say that's a pretty CONSERVATIVE view of the role of government.

Anyway - beyond that and back to the point of the thread

IMO Cadets will pull away soon - way too much demand, GE in that show and talent and work ethic in that corps to have it any other way.

Once they add the ending it will be "bye bye" - rear view mirror city.

IMHO

Irving

Fan of the Arts

We can agree that Cadets have an excellent shot at #10. After seeing them in Charlotte once again, I believe they can do it. Guard however, is going to have to get allot better.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

Sorry, but I don't care for the Cadets program due to the incessant chatter. I think the Cadet program should be labelled, the LIBERAL AGENDA INFOMERCIAL. I believe in FREE CHOICE, I believe in being FREE TO CHOOSE....what a bunch of liberal crap! This is Drum and Bugle Corps, not some 'right coast' Democratic Party rah rah session. If these guys win, then I do not get this "sport" at all. If they would just dispense with the commentary, the show would be good. The commentary, much of which I miss and which helps distort talented musicians, is distracting and BS from a content perspective! Just my humble opinion. Caveliers were good, but seemed a bit laissez faire in Atlanta, probably why they came in third place. Blue Devils deserved to win. The first part of the program was riveting, bgut it needs work in the middle and the end. The Phantom Regiment flower duet piece was probably some of the best music I've heard---heavenly. They need to work their GE and color guard. Just some random thoughts. Sorry, Cadets! I calls them as I sees them.

You can take that post to the thread entitled "This Year's Cadets' Show." Let's try to leave the Liberal Agenda argument to that thread.

Now to comment on the OP, I believe The Cadets have the show to do it, but it's gonna be tough given how good BD is this year. It'll be a battle for the top spot for the top three.

Thank you for sharing :) but it still doesn't change the FACT that the Cadets [with narration] are in position to do well in Pasadena. You folks can disapprove of the narration all you want but it is coming to Pasadena.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

ugh!! "Liberal Agenda"

Freedom - the ability to choose what one wishes to do with their life isn't a liberal thought at all. In fact - I'd say that's a pretty CONSERVATIVE view of the role of government.

Anyway - beyond that and back to the point of the thread

IMO Cadets will pull away soon - way too much demand, GE in that show and talent and work ethic in that corps to have it any other way.

Once they add the ending it will be "bye bye" - rear view mirror city.

IMHO

:P .....I feel it too!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

We can agree that Cadets have an excellent shot at #10. After seeing them in Charlotte once again, I believe they can do it. Guard however, is going to have to get allot better.

The work the Cadet guard has to do is very realistic and doable [imo]. Right now they are .9 down from Cavaliers; to chip away even half of that spread increases their chances of winning another title. I don't see the other sections the Cadets are doing well in faltering. Yes, Cavies and Blue Devils have a weak caption as well -- but when you weigh it all out I still like where the Cadets sit.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

After Atlanta I've began to change my stance in terms of finals predictions.

The Blue Devils show is awesome and being performed at a high level, but IMO once the Cadets clean up visual issues they will smoke anyone who gets in their way.

I saw 2005 finals in person, and this Cadets hornline takes them to school. Well done boys and girls, I don't care how much you talk in your show as long as you play the way you do.