Colts Appreciation and Praise Topic

If there is one corps this year that is not talked about nearly enough on this board, it has got to be the Colts. The corps, which now finds itself in the middle of DCI's Division I finalists, has such a well designed and well performed program that I really hope everyone gets to see them this year. Please, if you haven't, download the APD, watch the EnCorps! video, or best yet, see this amazing production live at a show. This show and corps is taking the exact direction would like to see in DCI. The show is focused on the music yet is supported by a quality visual program. It is straightforward with a unifying theme, a purely marching-and-music production where the meaning does not have to be conveyed by words. They are loud as anything, giving the audience that drum corps sound they all love. This year is a breakthrough year for the Colts, and something tells me DCI's Top 12 will be their home for years to come.

Everyone else, please share your praise for this corps.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My all-time fav show they did was their Blood, Sweat & Tears back in the late 90's (I forgot exactly which year). I auditioned for them my ageout year -- 95 season (got a DUI and couldn't go back for winter camps). After that BS&T show, they disappeared from the top 12 scene. Me of all people would love for them to come back w/ a bang, but only behind my phav. Phantom. :)

If there is one corps this year that is not talked about nearly enough on this board, it has got to be the Colts. The corps, which now finds itself in the middle of DCI's Division I finalists, has such a well designed and well performed program that I really hope everyone gets to see them this year. Please, if you haven't, download the APD, watch the EnCorps! video, or best yet, see this amazing production live at a show. This show and corps is taking the exact direction would like to see in DCI. The show is focused on the music yet is supported by a quality visual program. It is straightforward with a unifying theme, a purely marching-and-music production where the meaning does not have to be conveyed by words. They are loud as anything, giving the audience that drum corps sound they all love. This year is a breakthrough year for the Colts, and something tells me DCI's Top 12 will be their home for years to come.

Everyone else, please share your praise for this corps.

I enjoyed the show. Loved the closing number.

My all-time fav show they did was their Blood, Sweat & Tears back in the late 90's (I forgot exactly which year). I auditioned for them my ageout year -- 95 season (got a DUI and couldn't go back for winter camps). After that BS&T show, they disappeared from the top 12 scene. Me of all people would love for them to come back w/ a bang, but only behind my phav. Phantom. :)

The BST show was 97, though they missed Finals that year (was still one of my favorite shows that summer). However, thye didn't disappear from top 12 after that year. They returned to the top 12 in 98, 99, and 01, and they have been semi-finalists every other year. They've put on some terrific shows even in the non-finalist years.

Unlike any other corps of the night, I found myself humming their music after Allentown.

This is the Rodney Dangerfield of DCI - they just don't get no respect. But I think that's going to change soon. I really enjoy their show and think they should be WELL up into Finals this year.

Way to go Colts!!

I really enjoyed the Colts show when I saw them in Rockford. Looking forward to seeing them again in Naperville and Indy!

I got to see the Colts in Normal and I definitely enjoyed what they're putting on the field this year.

Well I better not get started here or I'll be talking for a while...

But I must say that this years show ranks as one of the top 3 best productions they've ever done, if not the greatest. '95 would probably be at the top, although if the Colts keep producing the way they have all summer...this could become not only the best show fanwise, but also scoring wise. I think their alltime high score is a 87.3

Edited by dciguy01