Something new about Phantom Regiment..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Jolesch. They have pictures from the "Photo Day", up close member shots. You can see the design clearly.

The interesting thing on the "Photo Day" of the invidivual shots is the fact that some of the members are still wearing the last seasons gauntlets and baldric, and most of them wearing it are the vets. Only one or two of the vets that I know took pics with the new baldric and gauntlets. It is cool that they had the option to choose! How often would you really be able to get a good shot up close like that during the season. B)

The interesting thing on the "Photo Day" of the invidivual shots is the fact that some of the members are still wearing the last seasons gauntlets and baldric, and most of them wearing it are the vets. Only one or two of the vets that I know took pics with the new baldric and gauntlets. It is cool that they had the option to choose! How often would you really be able to get a good shot up close like that during the season. B)

By them choosing to wear last year's gauntlets and baldric...will that really reflect the 2007 PR season and show..."hey...look...I was a member of the 2007 Phantom Regiment." Or will people just think they have doubles from 2006...Just a thought.

I like it a lot.

By them choosing to wear last year's gauntlets and baldric...will that really reflect the 2007 PR season and show..."hey...look...I was a member of the 2007 Phantom Regiment." Or will people just think they have doubles from 2006...Just a thought.

Looks as if some members had pictures taken in both. Smart move. Yeah, the only time I can remember getting to take individual shots was at quarterfinals in 03. The guy took the contra photo and said "Alright, who's up for single shots?". I was in (hanging on my wall now).

I think it looks really cool, and it fits with the "On Air" concept with the blue/teal

representing the sky. I would love to see them with a sparkly red baldric sometime in the future.

They looked awesome back in 84 when they had alot of red on the uni.

They looked awesome back in 84 when they had alot of red on the uni.

Trying to remember...did they still have the one purple sleeve in 84 that they had in 83?

If I don't have an answer by noon Thursday, I'll ask my lovely bride when she gets home. I know the head-wraps for the guard weren't red.

Wait a minute! I have the 50th anniversary Yearbook here...looking...yup, still had the purple sleeve in 84.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Unique and very nice. Looking forward to seeing what they look like from the stands. One of the subtle features of the Regiment's 1993 uniform that I enjoyed the most was the use of different colors on the guard uniforms and the varying colors on the underside of the "cape" on the instrumentalists' uniforms. Neat stuff.