Something new about Phantom Regiment..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ampssuck ampssuck ampssuck ampssuck ampssuck ampssuck ampssuck ampssuck ampssuck

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't just love those sashes. Even if it's for the show. That's also not a small amount of change to shell out for a one year gimmick...

They're about to warm up soon, so they people will see them, so I figured it wouldn't get rid of the surprise totally...

n22621108_32451819_8410.jpg

New gauntlets and sashes! Such a peaceful and calming color. I absolutely love their show and hopefully, this blends well!

Corps proper uniform....very nice (another blue on the field??), colorguard uniform...horrible as ever.

Oh man...this kind of looks like the 1992 uniform. I hope that colour is not cursed. :P

That's what I thought!

1993_opening.jpg

We kept this basic look in 1994, but I think the colour was removed from the inside of the baldrick. I was wearing a different uniform, so I don't really recall....Corey? Dave? Poodle?

The year after I aged out they went to black unis for the first time...I think that 1995 featured a silver baldrick (like in 1991), 1996 featured a very sleek all-black look, 1997 had a sun-looking sash/baldrick, and 1998 brought back the drapes for some reason, only in red.

I was quite happy to see the white unis come back in 2003.

OMG...that's MY uniform! The guy to the left! How funny. I don't have any action shots from '94--I was too poor to get any then and Jolesch has scrapped all the old negatives from that long ago. The funny thing about this particular uniform is that the person wearing it previously must have weighed about 400 lbs. I'm not exactly small, never was, but I was tall and SKINNY. This uni just kind of draped over me like a curtain.

PR has this reputation for taking mean looking individual shots. Well, mine was pretty good in that regards. But it looks pretty hilarious when you look at this almost scowl on my face while wearing this draped over clown suit! Real roar.

That being said, PR's uni's are, IMO, absolutely the finest anywhere. And yes, the guard uni's in '94 were hot! Kind of like '06 in style--skin tights, but black and flesh-toned. They were supposed to look like the moon with wispy clouds passing in front--kind of like their silks, a la 'Claire de Lune.' Wow! And the first night they came out dressed in those, wow! I think every guy in the corps simultaneously had an orgasm right there in the Kennedy School parking lot!

They started the show with their hair up but let it down for the closer (Bernard Hermann, Death Hunt/White Witch Doctor/Vertigo?). Wow!

So next year we can expect something hideous added to everything else, yes?

Oh, the baldrics were the same in 94 as 93--you could see where they just cut out the colors that Nikk was referring to. Great uni's from about 91-94. Even the black uni's looked pretty spectacular for the shows they used them for. But July 4 parades--yuck!

Last year's uni's were absolutely gorgeous IMO. Pure white--wow! Perfection. I saw the 97 show then took a break from corps. Saw the 04 1/4's in the theatre, saw the 05 corps in rehearsal in Texas (1st time in 8 years!), and saw the corps in performance last year in Rockford and San Antonio. Magical! What a thrill. I literally had goosebumps all over in the Alamodome, and I don't think it had anything to do with the AC! A lot of the same emotions I had seeing the corps in Dallas at finals for the first time in 91.

And Nikk, the uni's in 91 just seem to go better with the show. Silver kind of added a lighter air than what black would have. B&W worked well in 93 and 94, though! Love the black DM uni--auditioned for that, too, you know!

I just LOVE the new sashes/baldric & gauntlet

It's a fresh new color that really stands out on the wite as well as the field. I sense more color to be added in the next week or so - and I KNOW changes are being implemented in addition to these on the uiform. With all I heard about Atlanta & afterwards -- man, oh man.... just wait............

Add some pink and you have 92 Crown...with helmets.

I think it looks really cool, and it fits with the "On Air" concept with the blue/teal

representing the sky. I would love to see them with a sparkly red baldric sometime in the future.

They looked awesome back in 84 when they had alot of red on the uni.

I wonder how all black uni w/ the red baldric, black cape w/ red underside would look...

I love the white unis, and I'm a hard corps Phantom Phan, yet, i'd like to see them some day pick a uni and stick to it for a few years.

Also, I've heard no mention of the Khaki jacket unis in the late 90's, or is there a reason for that... :sshh:

I'll always love all the Phantom uniphorms (I hope) :blink: