Just one wish...

One Wish...and One Wish ONLY...  

173 members have voted

1. 1. If you had your choice of any one of the following wishes...

• VK back in its championship form
    • Narration is banned
    • Star returns to the field
    • Finals night attendance consistently tops 35,000
    • Championships in your home town at least every other year
    • Finals night judged entirely by fan vote
    • Number of competing corps increased by 50% in all divisions
    • JK Rowling writes a seven book series about the life of a DC member from rookie to age-out year

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VK back in its championship form

Narration is banned

Star returns to the field

Finals night attendance consistently tops 35,000

Championships in your home town at least every other year

Finals night judged entirely by fan vote

Number of competing corps increased by 50% in all divisions

JK Rowling writes a seven book series about the life of a DC member from rookie to age-out year

This is a toughy...

-Star of Indiana is a great corps and I would love to see them back; but there are other retired corps I'd like to see first

-I've always believed narration is awful, but only if used in excess. When it's used well, it can really add a lot to a show. A lot of GOOD things

-Championships in J'ville, NC would be nice; but there's no where to put anything. I think for the sake of everyone, it would be best to skip over here; BUT I would love to see a smaller show held here

-As much as the fans and judges don't see eye to eye...I think they know a little more than I do. I would like it if our opinions helped the corps, though.

-Hehehe...JK Rowling writing a book on drum corps. That would be interesting to see; but I'm not a fan of hers (I don't hate her, mind you, but I'm just not a fan).

-I have a feeling that VK will come back to it's true form in good time, so that's alright.

-I don't think we'll have to worry about attendance, either. There will always be an audience for drum corps. A bigger one than people think

I suppouse what I'd really love is MORE CORPS. Hopefully that would mean a corps close enough to me that I won't have to pay a lot for traveling (on my own). Plus...I mean, it's more corps! You can't have enough drum corps :)

narration sucks b**bs

I agree, however I was torn between banning Narration and increasing the # of corps by 50%, so I chose increasing the number of corps. The cost of fielding a corp has put many corps out of commision and I would hate to see any less than we have today. We need Corporate sponsors!!! Anyone interested??????????? :)

You forgot DCP finally give up on complaining about narration. that would have had my vote.

VK back in its championship form - this will (or won't) happen on it's own

Narration is banned - I voted for this one. It's just not needed, and requires extra funds, time to set-up, electricity running out to a possibly wet field, etc.

Star returns to the field - not necessary. There are plenty of other great corps out there

Finals night attendance consistently tops 35,000 - "If you build it [DCI]. they will come."

Championships in your home town at least every other year - uh...logically, that can't happen for everyone

Finals night judged entirely by fan vote - don't know if I'd put that much trust into the fan base

Number of competing corps increased by 50% in all divisions - unlikely, with music programs being cut left and right around the country

JK Rowling writes a seven book series about the life of a DC member from rookie to age-out year - :worthy: I WISH!!!

I love Star, but I hate narration more.

narration sucks b**bs
What Darth said.......................

What Hammer said! :worthy:

Okay, my answer changed a few times on this one...

I absolutely ####### abhor naration, so I selected Narration is banned. ^0^

Then I saw Championships in your home town at least every other year... screw narration! it shouldn't be banned, it should just fade away completely because it totally sucks! yes always and in every case, it just plain sucks, but DCI for me in my town? Woohoo! a selfish wish fullfilled, this is my new choice. :worthy:

Then I saw Number of competing corps increased by 50% in all divisions... Sorry, no contest... this would totally rock! To see the health of drum corps start to approach its status of days gone by... This is the ultimate choice for me. This is my final answer! I remember when it was a huge deal to make top 25... you had to do more than just show up. I would love to see this again. b**bs

Okay, my answer changed a few times on this one...

I absolutely ####### abhor naration, so I selected Narration is banned. ^0^

Then I saw Championships in your home town at least every other year... screw narration! it shouldn't be banned, it should just fade away completely because it totally sucks! yes always and in every case, it just plain sucks, but DCI for me in my town? Woohoo! a selfish wish fullfilled, this is my new choice. :worthy:

Then I saw Number of competing corps increased by 50% in all divisions... Sorry, no contest... this would totally rock! To see the health of drum corps start to approach its status of days gone by... This is the ultimate choice for me. This is my final answer! I remember when it was a huge deal to make top 25... you had to do more than just show up. I would love to see this again. b**bs

Wow! My thought process exactly!!!! (cue the Zone theme!)

Edited by DrumCorpsMom