Places that need drum corps

I'd be for any Corps where 50% of the members live in the actual city that is listed in the program book or on the side of the Corps busses. Not sure how many marchers in The Cadets atually live in Bergenfield County or Garfield, or Allentown. Good point about Boston too. And how many of the Cavaliers live in " Park Ridge, Illinois " ? and how many of the Bluecoats marchers and staff actually live in the city of " Canton, Ohio " now ? My guess, less than 50%.

There is no " east ".... " west "..... cities, towns, etc anymore in Drum Corps. Good, bad or indifferent, geography has gone except perhaps where the Corps gets their cash ( but not the kids ) to do it all.

well, the top corps attract talent from all across the nation simply because they are the best. However if you do look at memberships of these corps, they do follow particular geographical trends. The Cadets are mainly from the east coast - MD, NC, SC, FL, MA (though this is changing somewhat due to new recruiting camps in Texas). The midwest corps get many of their talented performers out of the giant bands of the midwest and texas. I'm sure also that BD has a good number of people from California as well.

The second tier corps do get a lot of talent from their local areas - BAC from FL (thats where they have all of their camps), Crown from the Carolinas, etc...

about the east coast - sure, the people on the east coast fly out to other corps if they want to join, but that is only the dedicated performers who REALLY want to do this activity. Anyone else who wants to get their feet wet has a tougher course to Div I...a lower tier corps is badly needed

and BTW, an interesting note, when I marched in 2004, the only Cadet from Bergen County was a Baritone player named Dave Caravella...the next year he marched BD...two elite corps with 20 Championships between them, two fourth place finishes - what are the odds of that happening???

Hawaii! B)

sign me up for camps!

though tour fees would probably be ridiculous...

Edited by KingJoeVII

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kansas Could use a Junior Corps in any of our Metro Areas Such as Kansas City, Wichita or Topeka. :rolleyes:

Oklahoma

A number of BOA-quality bands in God's Country, including 2006 BOA champions Broken Arrow HS. Black Gold existed in the early 90s, and a few were around pre-DCI, but nothing recently. All the talent gets farmed out to a variety of other corps...

hehehee

Probably the only major league thing Columbus actually DOES have.

i'm pretty happy with my city in regards to nearby corps. Capital is <20 minutes away, Bluecoats <2 hours, southwind and Glassmen north and south.

Edited by comeonfhqwhgads

well, the top corps attract talent from all across the nation simply because they are the best. However if you do look at memberships of these corps, they do follow particular geographical trends. The Cadets are mainly from the east coast - MD, NC, SC, FL, MA (though this is changing somewhat due to new recruiting camps in Texas). The midwest corps get many of their talented performers out of the giant bands of the midwest and texas. I'm sure also that BD has a good number of people from California as well.

The second tier corps do get a lot of talent from their local areas - BAC from FL (thats where they have all of their camps), Crown from the Carolinas, etc...

about the east coast - sure, the people on the east coast fly out to other corps if they want to join, but that is only the dedicated performers who REALLY want to do this activity. Anyone else who wants to get their feet wet has a tougher course to Div I...a lower tier corps is badly needed

and BTW, an interesting note, when I marched in 2004, the only Cadet from Bergen County was a Baritone player named Dave Caravella...the next year he marched BD...two elite corps with 20 Championships between them, two fourth place finishes - what are the odds of that happening???

sign me up for camps!

though tour fees would probably be ridiculous...

Funny thing about the Boston Crusaders is that those who marched in that Corps in their years that involve their great accomplisments of the 50's, 60's and that grew up in Boston and marched Boston, we find quite a number of them living where now ? .........FLORIDA ( haha ! )

Edited by X DM

My backyard

Can I march that corps?

Funny thing about the Boston Crusaders is that those who marched in that Corps in their years that involve their great accomplisments of the 50's, 60's and that grew up in Boston and marched Boston, we find quite a number of them living where now ? .........FLORIDA ( haha ! )

haha...guess just following their alumni :rolleyes:

next thing you'll know they'll be doing a show where the guard wears pants up to their armpits and the person driving the pit cart cant see over the steering wheel