Crossmen closing in on top 12.

880830825_0f737ba881.jpg

That is awesome! Congrats, Bones! Keep it up!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone at the show care to comment?

Crossmen did have a very good performance at Denton. Academy, I think, was hurt from going on early in the show, right after Frontier and Revolution. Following Academy were Troopers and Pioneer. Then Crossmen. So probably the draw had some impact, but Crossmen did have a very good show and I think deserved that score and are not that far from Academy in terms of performance quality. The two corps have very different strengths. Academy more brass strength. Crossmen much better in visual, especially guard. Battery about equal. Crossmen pit have the more difficult show and perform it well. At least that is my (likely biased) perspective.

Crossmen did have a very good performance at Denton. Academy, I think, was hurt from going on early in the show, right after Frontier and Revolution. Following Academy were Troopers and Pioneer. Then Crossmen. So probably the draw had some impact, but Crossmen did have a very good show and I think deserved that score and are not that far from Academy in terms of performance quality. The two corps have very different strengths. Academy more brass strength. Crossmen much better in visual, especially guard. Battery about equal. Crossmen pit have the more difficult show and perform it well. At least that is my (likely biased) perspective.

different set of judges last night . Not a big deal.

GO BONES>>>>

:doh:

Midland Texas 77.65, back to where we started pre-san antonio

Everybody but the Blue Devils had lower scores in Midland. The Crossmen and Glassmen actually gained a tiny bit on Blue Knights.

Everybody but the Blue Devils had lower scores in Midland. The Crossmen and Glassmen actually gained a tiny bit on Blue Knights.

Don't get down and forget the scores. Crossmen have gone through a major transition with new management, staff, volunteers, and members. It will take a year or two for management and staff to work things out and I hope all the young kids they have will stay and mature in the organization. They should be in good shape in a year or two but this year just enjoy the progress being made and be thankful our beloved corps is still around. Love Ya Bones!

to bozzlyb

also, i marched impulse in 2003-2004

we housed with blue stars somewhere in michigan or where ever and got to know the corps very well. we even learned to play something together as brasslines. I met a girl with cancer who played baritone. I forget her name. the girl who was basically told she was gonna die, multiple times, but kept marching. impulse built a strong bond with bluestars that year. the next year, when bluestars beat impulse again, many members of the corp approached us and congratulated us on the corps best div 2 placement ever! (6th.)

i have been beaten by bluestars in two different corps and in two different divisions, and not once was i ashamed of it. the bluestars are without a doubt in my mind, a class act.

the corp is respectively new to the div 1 scene since returning last year, but if the corp continues the respect and passion that they always have off and on the field, it is only a matter of (hopefully short) time before they are noticed for it.

i know it was way off topic, i just wanted to put that out there after seeing bozzlyb attacked for his opinion, then responding calmly.

I marched Blue Stars bari in 2004. We absolutely LOVED Impulse. The bari you refer to is shaylee. She went on to march cap sound the next season I believe. I lost track of her after that. Thank you for noticing the class that the Blue Stars work so hard to maintain.

"Looks like both?" Were you there? I wasn't, but maybe Crossmen were on fire tonight and Academy wasn't.

All I know is that two judging panels placed Academy where they placed in relation to the corps around them in both prelims and finals. Too high? More like Academy had a really big weekend and experienced a big letdown afterwards--we all have them. Can't imagine how much pressure those guys were under going in. Not from outside--from within! This was their first BIG show in D1 and they did great. Now they just have to power on through the junk that follows. The showers still flow, so does the PB&J, they still sleep on gym floors and buses, and they still pull on the jump suits just like everyone else--one leg at a time.

Saturday was finals--San Antonio finals. The big one is still to come. If there's anything that some of the other corps know that Academy does not, it is how to power through to Saturday night--championship week Saturday night. But Colts have been out a few years and Blue Stars a few decades--so they don't have that experience on Academy.

I suspect a letdown after a big high. Push through, Academy!

And good luck to Crossmen, Blue Stars, Spirit, Colts, Glassmen, et al. I have a Dublin Dr Pepper riding on one of you, remember!

mmmmmmm... Dublin Dr. Pepper. The one and only!

Have a question about The Crossmen's 2007 "Metamorphosis" music design? Feel free to ask me, but please be specific by referring to timings from the audio at www.yataforluda.com.

I'll try to answer as quickly and as briefly as I can. Only serious and intelligent questions will be answered.

Enjoy the music,

Aaron