Will the Bluecoats pass the Cavies?

I will post my thoughts in bullet format for an easy read:

-rawful

- You must be (already =( )counting THE Cavaliers out of another W

- The new ending I saw on the webcam was some of the fastest moving drill I've had the pleasure to watch. The fact that they're playing should be an end to the Cavalier hating.

-The bluecoats are very good, but they aren't THE Cavaliers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This DMAT ( don't mean a thing) but today i went through the top 4 corps as of now and the miles they travel as of tonight......i was just looking at who may have more rehearsal time during travellling days etc...... definitley doesn't mean a thing but from today until pasedena......

( these are all approx milage, not including to the show site. Just to the city listed on their schedule)

BD 3748 miles

Cavies 3316 miles

Cadets 3143 miles

Bluecoats 2710 miles

other thing to consider are full rehearsal days and free days which some of the corps don't post either.

like i said.... don't mean a thing!

But it is interesting to know that BD will be travelling 400 more miles on the bus in the last 2 weeks then the next closest corps, which makes for some sore butts! and more than 1000 miles than Bluecoats.

just an observation

Edited by DCM

I'm hearing rumors of 250+ sets, most of which are very fast tempos and large stepsizes.

They have about 230 sets, but they are not all at "very fast tempos". They were working their new ending in Denton, and they were calling out set #'s to start, in case you're wondering where I got my info...

-The bluecoats are very good, but they aren't THE Cavaliers.

Good grief...of course they aren't The Cavaliers (did your caps lock key get stuck?), they are the Bluecoats!!!

Bluecoats should beat the Cavaliers at Finals. By should I mean: They have a better show overall, their music is much better, their guard is better, and they have the drill to beat Cavies (and to win the championship.) I hope they go all the way, personally. I think Cavies shot themselves in the foot by their choice of music (ok, the designers shot them in the foot...) These, of course, are just my opinions.

Edited by Cardman

They have about 230 sets, but they are not all at "very fast tempos". They were working their new ending in Denton, and they were calling out set #'s to start, in case you're wondering where I got my info...

Good grief...of course they aren't The Cavaliers (did you caps lock key get stuck?), they are the Bluecoats!!!

Bluecoats should beat the Cavaliers at Finals. By should I mean: They have a better show overall, their music is much better, their guard is better, and they have the drill to beat Cavies (and to win the championship.) I hope they go all the way, personally. I think Cavies shot themselves in the foot by their choice of music (ok, the designers shot them in the foot...) These, of course, are just my opinions.

And I disagree with almost every one of your opinions just stated.

Cavaliers visual design has consistently scored higher than Bluecoats (Rep,Comp), music rep has gone back and forth, The Cavaliers' guard is a much better guard than BC with a much more challenging show, I like Cavaliers' music better than BC, and being only a few tenths out of a world championship is not shooting themselves in the foot.

These, of course, are my opinions.

some drrill writers write their drill so specific that they write a sub set every 4 to 8 counts......easier to clean if they have the time to clean it. but in my experience that's the way to go... lots of sets....be MICRO!

Edited by DCM

And I disagree with almost every one of your opinions just stated.

Cavaliers visual design has consistently scored higher than Bluecoats (Rep,Comp), music rep has gone back and forth, The Cavaliers' guard is a much better guard than BC with a much more challenging show, I like Cavaliers' music better than BC, and being only a few tenths out of a world championship is not shooting themselves in the foot.

These, of course, are my opinions.

Wow. . .homer much?

Yes.

At least we're all honest here.

I'm saying that before the coats can beat the Cavaliers, they would have to beat the Cadets who were sitting in 3rd to Bluecoats' 4th the last time they met.

As far as Cadets winning goes:

They will have to beat The Cavaliers (didn't happen the last time they met) and Blue Devils (didn't happen last time they met).

I wasn't talking about your comment. I was talking about TxMystreaux's comment.