Best Covers Ever

I am a bit biased but I thought that our version of Batman in 1990 was pretty sick!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1971 27th Lancers - Does anyone really know what time it is? (Chicago). That thing cooked!

Crossmen 1997 version is, IMO, superior. One of the best overall productions on the field that summer. Brilliant.

Not. Even. Close.

1971 27th Lancers - Does anyone really know what time it is? (Chicago). That thing cooked!

Played as a medley with Beginnings....yes! One of the few concert numbers I ever liked.

What a great bari soloist playing the trombone solo in Beginnings.

'82-83 Freelancers: Even Now

'83 Freelancers: Breaking Up Is Hard to Do

'84 Freelancers: Power Suite/What Is Hip?, With You I'm Born Again

'84 BD: La Fiesta

'84 Suncoast: Satisfaction/America The Beautiful

Everytime they play it- BD: Channel One Suite

Not. Even. Close.

I'll take it any day of the week and five times on Sunday. Hannum and Klesch at their best, great dynamic contrast and subtlety throughout, impeccable rhythmic interpretation, a smoking drumline, and a color guard that sold it to the rooftops. Standing ovation that lasted forever that night.

Edited by rut-roh

Yep, Bridgemen's In the Stone really captured that hesitation 3rd beat which Earth, Wind and Fire are known for.

Cadets 2005 "New World" by Bjork. It stuck VERY close the the original with the exception of the guard wearing swan dresses.

That's it for me, however, I'm a firm believer that Queen and Zeppelin shouldn't be done on the field no matter who you are.

Although if anyone is gonna try and emulate Freddie Mercury's amazing voice, I'm glad it was Crown's hornline in 2004.

I'll take it any day of the week and five times on Sunday. Hannum and Klesch at their best, great dynamic contrast and subtlety throughout, impeccable rhythmic interpretation, a smoking drumline, and a color guard that sold it to the rooftops. Standing ovation that lasted forever that night.

And 27th's version was rhythmically sluggish, had a weak hornline, a typically dirty Charley Poole drum performance, and I don't even want to talk about how lousy that 27th guard was in the early 80s.

The horse is dead. I have put away my bat.