Useless DCA trivia 10 good ones

#8 Rochester Phoenix in 1975. (Yeah, no Open or Class A back then)

How about last all male corps in DCA. Guessing Cabs or Sky in late 1970s. This was answered somewhere but I forget.

How about longest gap for a playing member (not Honor Guard) between DCA Finals. Have a friend who played sop for 1978 Westshoremen and 2005 Carolina Gold with nothing in between.

1972 Canadian Commanders

2000 Empire Statesmen

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corps that went inactive and came back:

Brigadiers

Crusaders

Sunrisers

Westshoremen

(Hoping to add Sky to this list in 2008)

This is Sky's 3rd time going inactive. We'll be back.

On the other note, Sky first let women into the corps in the guard in 1978. Don't know where that lies in the timeline.

Was that first year competing for Renegades? And I thought Inspires had been around before they went to DCA.

Also: (who'd I miss?)

List former Junior corps that did DCA

Blessed Sac

Blue Rock

Des Plaines Vanguard

Pine Tree Warriors from Maine (not sure on this one)

Jim,

I think you mean Minisink ( or CMCC) Warriors on this one.

Ray

(Having problems with reply button)

CMCC Warriors was one I forgot Ray. Checked and Pine Tree Warriors aka Maines Marching Ambassadors aka ????? competed at DCA in the mid 1980s. Looks about the same time as CMCC Warriors. I always get confused with the Maine group as the name either kept changing or they used different names for the same corps.

First year of competition to make finals . This is what I have..correct me if I'm wrong.

Rochester Pheonix 1975

Bushwackers 1982

Le Odysse 1982

Cascadeurs 1984

SF Renegades 2002

The Bushwackers and Renegades are the only active corps to participate in a DCA final in every year of their competitive existance.

7. Is the record finals attendance the 12,000 plus at Franklin Field in 1981?

the record was 18,000 plus at 1971 finals at holleder stadium in rochester. WHAT A CROWD!!

The Bushwackers and Renegades are the only active corps to participate in a DCA final in every year of their competitive existance.

i believe your forgetting the cabs.

As someone who's been away from DCA for awhile, I'm really enjoying all this trivia ...

For what it's worth, I found out from Fran Haring a couple of months ago that I'm also a trivia answer -- the first female to hold the post of DCA Public Relations ...

i believe your forgetting the cabs.

Cabs were not in the DCA for the first DCA championship...and by the way competed for quite a few years before the DCA was in existence. LOL

Edited by Cabstuba04

A call to anyone who can confirm some trivia...I'm not sure of the answers (DCA Open Class)

6. Speaking of Best Soloist...has anyone ever won the award on a Bb horn?

Bueller,Bueller,Bueller