Useless DCA trivia 10 good ones

Actually Bubba started with the NY Skyliners in 1974 and his last year due to medical problems is 2004. Ray did 30 years in the Red, White and black (Evan the year that we were called the "Burger King Cadets due to wearing a gold sash)

Let's not forget the other Lane.

Ricky "Shaft" Lane was in Skyliners from 1974-2004, and has been at Bush since then. I don't know if he took any summers off.

I have heard that Bush won in 1988 with 38 horns, after their first show with only 17 horns.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Anyone know who marched in the most DCA Finals as a performer (not drum major, or American Section..must be horn, drum or guard)..My bet is on Mike Ryan of the Cabs who marched in 30 straight DCA finals from 1975-2004.

Almost certainly Tom Meek... he did his first DCA in 1967 with Crusaders and is still doing DCA with Brigadiers now... Just how many championship performances????? close to 40... think he took one season off, but maybe not...

Having marched with Mr. Meek from 1996 - 2003, and then having seen him with the Brigs 2004 - 2006, I can close that loop. This should be his 41st DCA this year.

How about this trivia question:

What corps currently are wearing uniforms that are completely homemade?

Bush is in there, thanks to Mary Snyder and all the other devoted people in the corps that made them back in 2003.

Almost certainly Tom Meek... he did his first DCA in 1967 with Crusaders and is still doing DCA with Brigadiers now... Just how many championship performances????? close to 40... think he took one season off, but maybe not...

That's amazing...One of the true "Iron Men" in drum corps history, especially with todays modern drill, body movement and such.

And to further perpetuate the "Iron Man" label, Tom traded in the little sop he was carrying in 2005 for a baritone in 2006 & 2007.

(you can pay me later, Tom) ^0^

Ricky "Shaft" Lane was in Skyliners from 1974-2004, and has been at Bush since then. I don't know if he took any summers off.

I have heard that Bush won in 1988 with 38 horns, after their first show with only 17 horns.

37 :wub:

I thought Ricky had a few years off in the 80's. Great bari. :wub:

Louie Storck!!!

I don't know the question, but he's definately the answer!

Westshore won in 1996 and was dead last in Prelims in 2001.

I thought Inspires had been around before they went to DCA.

You are correct. 2002 was the Inspires 20th anniversary.

Westshore won in 1996 and was dead last in Prelims in 2001.

Oy, we got the 'two-fer' as for last place then... :wub:

From last to winning American Legion in 4 years (74-78) and first to last in DCA in 5 (96-01).

Our flippin' crest should have had a yo-yo on it. :P