Crown's "Photo Finish"...

Crown's photo finish  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Did you notice and understand the 'photo finish' at the end of Crown's show?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (Other??? Added just in case. Please explain.)

Probably a bad question to ask for anyone that hasn't seen the show yet, but the first time you saw Crown this year, did you see and recognize the "photo finish" at the end of the show? It seemed like at San Antonio it took a second for people to understand what was happening, then only a few scattered throughout the stadium reacted!

For anyone interested or who hasn't / won't see the show live, pay attention to the "horse race" at the end. I am ASSUMING this is the section where Hrothgar mentions narration will be added. (Horse #1, Horse #2, etc) Silence breaks out except for percussion sounds imitating the thunderous steps of sprinting thouroughbreds (albeit very silently) accompanied by a near-tie approaching the 50-yard line by the leading two horses. They pause right before crossing the 'finish line.'

VERY creative ending!!

On second thought, was it a heartbeat in the silent section I mentioned???

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "slow-mo" section includes a heartbeat at the photo-finish. I never actually pay attention to the guard there though, cause I'm always watching the horns for some reason. Maybe if they make the heartbeat a little longer for people to all focus in on where the finish is taking place. I think that would be better than adding narration, however I wouldn't mind a small "....AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME!" quip either.

I know some MOD will come in here and take it upon themselves to close the "rumor" thread even though it sounds pretty darn set in stone, but I will say this......

If they feel they need to add any, it needs to be sparingly (see Bluecoats) and not over the top (see...another corps) Cause there will be alot of NEW supporters they've gained this year LOST.

...and if it turns out cheesy, they'll have a few ###### off alums as well.

The design team either just isn't aware that by doing this they are virtually destroying the show for thousands of fans, or they just don't care.

If it's Velveeta...well, I've got some APD's and a Mid-Season DVD that aren't.

Forgot about the mid-season DVD! I might have to buy it just for the real Crown show.

Forgot about the mid-season DVD! I might have to buy it just for the real Crown show.

Yeah but that was filmed in Atlanta....there is that nasty fall in the hornline right before the photo-finish. That's no good to watch over and over again.

Note: Whether you like them or not, the "REAL" shows are designed with finals in mind...not regionals.

You'll never see Atlanta on the tube.

And the corps will be performing everything else besides the narration (due to late addition) better at Pasadena than Atlanta.

Other than some fixation regarding anti-narration tendencies, you have little argument. However, I totally understand and respect your opinion and preferences. Not being sarcastic this time.