Crown's "Photo Finish"...

Crown's photo finish  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Did you notice and understand the 'photo finish' at the end of Crown's show?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (Other??? Added just in case. Please explain.)

Silver, that's the best post I've read all month!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver, that's the best post I've read all month!!

"Hi Ho, Silver--AWAY!!"

Thanks--you may be worthy of addition to the ol' signature for flattery! Flattery will get you everywhere!

The "slow-mo" section includes a heartbeat at the photo-finish. I never actually pay attention to the guard there though, cause I'm always watching the horns for some reason. Maybe if they make the heartbeat a little longer for people to all focus in on where the finish is taking place. I think that would be better than adding narration, however I wouldn't mind a small "....AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME!" quip either.

Why? I've seen the show perhaps 5-6 times already, and it is adorable as it is. The whole crowd "gets it". The reaction is the same at each venue: a ripple of laughter and recognition followed by thunderous applause.

I think the staff, on the road all summer and itching to make changes/improvements, sometimes forget that the audiences are pretty much fresh, wherever they go. Yes, the STAFF may think it needs more tinkering, but that's because they see it all day, every day. LOL.

Really, it would ruin an exquisite show to suddenly be reading the script/concept directly to the audience like that. I think it would be a much better use of their time to work on the horns, perc, and technicals of the guard and continue cleaning the show, than put their attention & effort into something like that. It's unflamorous, but it's what the best corps do, to sharpen for the Championship.

Crown is at the point in their development, where they now have to answer the question: "Do we want to make the best 5th place show?" Or do we want to work to be a Champion". Heady stuff, but they are now at the door. I hope they make the right decision.

It's fun as hell to watch!

AJMHO

Not commenting on one thing it particular, but there is one certain poster in this thread that is always good for a laugh on this subject.....

good for some entertainment :)

You win the "DCP Modesty Award Of The Month". :P

Uncanny. This morning I wake up to, "You're about to be deleted," now I get an award. Hmph.

Just kidding, bawker. Glad you enjoyed. But I'm still not adding you to my signature. :P

What did you do/say?

Called you by your real name and proceeded to talk about your screen name. Apparently one of the mods hasn't read Beowulf.

Couldn't help but think somebody reported me either. Hmm...

Called you by your real name and proceeded to talk about your screen name. Apparently one of the mods hasn't read Beowulf.

Couldn't help but think somebody reported me either. Hmm...

I was at work all day, it wasn't me. Can you PM me what you said? :P