Crown's "Photo Finish"...

Crown's photo finish  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Did you notice and understand the 'photo finish' at the end of Crown's show?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (Other??? Added just in case. Please explain.)

I put other. I knew they were approaching the finish line in slow motion, but the first thing that popped into my head wasn't "photo finish". it was "whoa, sweet matrix horse race scene..." ....i dunno. My friend, after the show, said "I loved that photo finish effect..." and then I realized...oh yeah...photo finish...duh.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them slow down just shy of the 50, heard the heartbeat/hooves/whatever, and said out loud, "Photo finish!" and started laughing--it's just so funny/creative! Several other people, who I guess were scratching their heads, busted up laughing and that's when you started to hear other people throughout the stadium get what it was! Funny moment in the stands.

GREAT effect!

Note: Whether you like them or not, the "REAL" shows are designed with finals in mind...not regionals.

You'll never see Atlanta on the tube.

And the corps will be performing everything else besides the narration (due to late addition) better at Pasadena than Atlanta.

Other than some fixation regarding anti-narration tendencies, you have little argument. However, I totally understand and respect your opinion and preferences. Not being sarcastic this time.

Excellent response. I, for one, cannot wait to get to Pasadena! As for added narration? Armageddon. Rapture. End of Days. (huge tongue in cheek!)

N-O-T-H-I-N-G could change how much I love this show!

When I saw them for the first time this season on the Atlanta webcast. When the William Tell started and the whole "there off" I looked at my friend and said...watch...I bet they do the whole by a nose at the wire. It's so Seabiscuit. They draw the whole race out so much I get bored by the time they reach the back stretch.

When I saw them for the first time this season on the Atlanta webcast. When the William Tell started and the whole "there off" I looked at my friend and said...watch...I bet they do the whole by a nose at the wire. It's so Seabiscuit. They draw the whole race out so much I get bored by the time they reach the back stretch.

Now what they need to do is have the corps line up in the shape of a track (already doing?), have 'the horses' do a full lap, and have someone down front with a big sign that reads, "PICK YOUR COLOR AND CALL IT OUT!!"

Talk about audience interaction! Just to make it 'DCI-esque,' use the colors blue, green, and maroon! Get it?

It could be a different horse at 1/4's, semis, and finals!

Now what they need to do is have the corps line up in the shape of a track (already doing?), have 'the horses' do a full lap, and have someone down front with a big sign that reads, "PICK YOUR COLOR AND CALL IT OUT!!"

Talk about audience interaction! Just to make it 'DCI-esque,' use the colors blue, green, and maroon! Get it?

It could be a different horse at 1/4's, semis, and finals!

So the cream colored horse would come in 6th? Is that what I am to infer?

So the cream colored horse would come in 6th? Is that what I am to infer?

Well, maybe if they'd listen to ME it would come in first!! :P

But seriously, what colors were the horses wearing in the race at the end? Been a week and it's just too much detail to remember.

And I think it's great to have 2 newcomers in the top 6 (if you allow me to refer to Blooo as a newcomer still!), even if that means my unit gets bumped. Next stop, new first-time champion!

Well, maybe if they'd listen to ME it would come in first!! :P

But seriously, what colors were the horses wearing in the race at the end? Been a week and it's just too much detail to remember.

And I think it's great to have 2 newcomers in the top 6 (if you allow me to refer to Blooo as a newcomer still!), even if that means my unit gets bumped. Next stop, new first-time champion!

To be honest with you...I thought Bluecoats were going to take silver until last night.

To be honest with you...I thought Bluecoats were going to take silver until last night.

Still a year away, me thinks! Brass champs sounds good, though!

Where did you see them and what did you think of everybody?

Saw it at Murfreesboro and realized it was a photo-finish. The heartbeat bass drum was the kicker for it. :)