Things you would almost bet on for finals week this year

Madison will squeak into finals at 11th place putting all of you Madison haters in a little tizzy!

I love Madison's show this year, but that's definitely not something I'd bet on.

~>conner

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will bet the farm that the top 12 will not break 90. It has never happened before.

I said might....and in technically speaking, it COULD happen(just as anything else COULD happen). I'm not saying it will, and I dont think its very likely it would happen. But I think if it DID happen, this year would be the year, will everything being super close and all the placement changes and stuff...

Wow, what an interesting season this has been so far. With all the things that have happened so far, what are things you will almost bet will happen this season during finals week?

Things I would bet on

Cadets-Blue Devils-Cavies take top 3, order will probably change from quarters to finals

The corps that wins semis isn't going to win finals

Colts will make top 12 for the first time since 2001

Madison falls out of top 12 for only the 2nd time since the early 70's

Closest scoring margin 1-12 in finals history

Pioneer will be 22nd(still a great show)

17th place corps is within 3 points of making top 12

Every DII corps will make DII/III Grand finals(or finals or whatever they call it this year)

Attendance for DII/III competitions will be higher than it has been in at least a decade

These are just some of the things I think will happen in Pasadena. What are some of your guesses for the week?

Well, I agree on some of this. Top 3 will be BD, Cavies, and Cadets, although who knows where. Colts will make top 12. 17th corps will be wihthin 3 pts.. Anything else is a crap shoot!

Well, I agree on some of this. Top 3 will be BD, Cavies, and Cadets, although who knows where. Colts will make top 12. 17th corps will be wihthin 3 pts.. Anything else is a crap shoot!

Hands got tangled......................

Division I attendance will be the highest it has been since the early 90's.

Div II & III attendance will be strong. The stadium has about 2,500 - 3,000 capacity on one side. I don't know what the record is but if they can sell out that place, it would be more than in many years.

Some sure bets:

There will be a whole lot of spectacular drum corps put on by thousands of incredible performers.

There will still only be 12 slots in the Top 12 (and only 17 in the Top 17).

Really? The Div II/III show has been drawing less than 2500 for finals? Wow, that's really low.

Some old people's eyes will well up during the Anaheim Kingsmen performance.