"The Cadets" 2007 DCI World Champions

Whoever scores the highest wins.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said for a while now, and still firmly belive it, it's going to be a battle between BD and Cadets for 1st. Even though the Cadets won last night, I'd still give the edge to BD (it's in CA after all). I'd say the winning score will be in the mid to upper 98's. I also disagree with those who see Cavies in a race for the title... if anything, they are going to fight very hard to hang on to 3rd place and I won't be surprised to see them as low as 5th. I know it defies conventional wisdom, but they just don't have the package this year and the competition around them is very tough.

Well, Well my child...THAT would be HORSE of a different color!

Frank_Morgan_in_The_Human_Comedy_trailer.jpg

BD will probably win it all. BTW...Mr. Ed's REAL name was "Bamboo Harvester". No S**t. :P

Why are people counting Crown out? They could kick The Cavies out...(I hope)

No arguments here, but I'd say the best Crown could hope for is a 3rd place finish (and that's a stretch). I believe Crown, Phantom, Bluecoats, Cavies, and SCV should fight it out for 3rd. I'd love to see 3rd through 7th as Crown, Bluecoats, SCV/Phantom, and Cavies in that order, but that's wishful thinking. I also see a point to a point and a half spread between 2nd and 3rd... Cadets and BD will distance themselves from the other corps in Quarterfinals.

Why are people counting Crown out? They could kick The Cavies out...(I hope)

Add SCV and Bluecoats into the scrum with PR and Crown, and they're all battling with each other for the middle tier positions. The spreads should increase when the competition becomes more focused on the finalist group, with some of those in the middle and lower ranks finding themselves a little further from the top.

At this point, it appears to be a two-corps race for first, with Cavies a dark horse (but certainly not out of it), a hotly contested grouping in the 4-8 range, and another battle in the third tier. All told, one of the better competitive years the activity has had in a long time. What IS interesting is that for a lot of folks, it appears that the most popular shows are in the middle grouping, not at the top. I don't ever recall that happening before.

At this point, it appears to be a two-corps race for first, with Cavies a dark horse (but certainly not out of it), a hotly contested grouping in the 4-8 range, and another battle in the third tier.

I'd say the hotly contested battle is really 4th -7th. Blue Knights and Boston Crusaders seem to be the only two corps fighting for 8th, but I'd bet Blue Knights will distance themselves from Boston Crusaders and finish comfortably in 8th. In recent years they've peaked a the right time; Comparatively, Boston Crusaders seem to lose momentum during finals week.

I'll take BD with the pseudo home-field advantage! West Coast Cool vs. East Coast Angst!

Throw in some midwest tumbling and smoky piano bar music!

Gotta Love It!

From what I saw in Atlanta I think the Cadets have a real shot at the title this year. Besides the chatter their show is awesome. OMG.

However, the top two spots are really too close to call and BD could win just as easily. Only the judges know for sure.

I don't see BD or the Cadets having much to worry about wrt the Cavies- this simply isn't going to be their year, imo.

Even though I'll be thrilled if the Cadets win another title there is a downside and that is a championship show with chatter. :wall: