Throw Down in the Desert!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to The Academy that practices all the time in it. I think the people that were complaining about them not touring forgot how draining the heat can be.

It was a compliment not a conversation starter....if I wanted to get that started I would start a new post. It would be 32 pages in 2 hours...LMAO

Yeah, I was confused by the time zone issue, but some website said Tempe was in MST.

It is in Mountain Standard Time, which is year round in Arizona. The only part of the state that observes daylight saving time is the Navajo Nation.

It is already hot as heck here in AZ. Hopefully, it will cool a little by showtime.

Anybody going to be interested in me posting scores from the stadium tonight?

Please do send us the scores as soon as you can!!!

watched 5 corps practice over the last 2 days...

Quick thoughts:

Phantom...WOW!!!!!! Just WOW!

Blue Stars...Loud! Great contrast within the show musically.

Madison...wish they had another week before finals to tweak things, the show is rockin.

Academy...It's gonna be a fight for 11th and 12th next week. They sound sooooo good.

Off to the stadium!

Please do send us the scores as soon as you can!!!
94.20 Cavies

93.00 Crown

91.90 Phantom

88.10 Boston

84.55 Academy

84.40 Blue Stars

84.30 Colts

82.95 Spirit

81.00 Madison

80.05 Pacific Crest

78.85 Southwind

73.00 Pioneer

WOW! That was fast. You got Tuesday night's Powerball numbers?

Isn't it like 110 degrees in August in Phoenix? Can they really hold an outdoor drum corps show in that weather? Boy, my heart goes out to those kids. Or is it in the new indoor stadium? Yuk

i actually talked to a friend of mine who marches blue stars earlier today. he said that they got up at 6:00 in the AM to get some good, not so fricken hot, rehearsal time in but by 6am it was already 90*. that might not seem like a lot to you guys but up here in the MI, thats like basically jumping in a hot-tub, with lava in it , especially with all that great lakes humidity all day. they rehearsed a while outside, then the rest indoors, so no drill unless they had a stadium.