DCI Stanford Webcast

I really hope we get an explanation as to why the audio on the webcast sounds so bad.

Looking sketchy at best. The last update was "they're looking for the problem" >_>

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get a tech to take a hammer to the compressor/limiter and see if that helps? :music:

I don't mind the coreographed moves, but I still don't like their marching style. It's not consistent from person to person. How are they scoring so high?

Can we get a tech to take a hammer to the compressor/limiter and see if that helps? :music:

Have they tried hitting it a few times. That always helps my computer.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really good audio engineers would have this issue fixed, but I have this feeling that DCI not only lacks the real audio/video professional-level help, but they just don't have good enough equipment.

If this is not the case then what is the excuse? Did Mr. Bean show up to run the show today?

Well...the guard is good and their flags are classy

Percussion is good tonight.

To me it sounds as though their mics can't handle the louder end of the audio. The sound seems to come around when the corps are softer, then as soon as they get louder the audio can't handle it. I think the levels of the mics and the mixing board may be the problem. But bandwidth is also likely an issue.

This sounds like a bandwidth issue. The sopranos are distorted when they play extended notes, and they come through on short bursts. This means that The Cadets vocals will be perfect, but the music very poor...at least we get the best part right...great...not.