Clovis

I may be wrong, but I think Clovis is around Fresno??? Yeah, I'm probably wrong..

Edit: Nope, I was right. Almost directly in the middle of the state.

Clovis is pretty much Fresno, but with a slightly lower suicide rate.

Actually, loads of kids in corps come from Clovis, as well as staff.

If you were to make a list of the people who have taught in Clovis (Clovis, Clovis West, Buchanan, etc.) at some point... you would hard pressed to find a corps that doesn't have a connection to the place.

Clovis is the Kevin Bacon of drum corps.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cadets are really scoring high in the music captions...they broke 19's in brass and percussion. this is nuts!

And they still lost both captions to the Devils.

Was a fantastic show tonight! Everyone was on! Finally got to see Bluecoats live... WOW!! Will be exciting to watch BD and Cadets duke it out next weekend. Cadets got a great response from the crowd... until the scores were released. But, with this basically being another home show for BD, it wasn't surprising.

By the way... guess who filled in on the National Anthem when they had last minute tech problems? Yep! I faced and conquered one of my biggest performance nightmares tonight! woohoo!!

Edited by skajerk

Was a fantastic show tonight! Everyone was on! Finally got to see Bluecoats live... WOW!! Will be exciting to watch BD and Cadets duke it out next weekend. Cadets got a great response from the crowd... until the scores were released. But, with this basically being another home show for BD, it wasn't surprising.

By the way... guess who filled in on the National Anthem when they had last minute tech problems? Yep! I faced and conquered one of my biggest performance nightmares tonight! woohoo!!

I wasn't there but AWESOME! If I read you correctly, you did the N.A. and that is an honor!

This is Box 5:

face.jpg

Feh. I'd put her in Box 3 - maybe Box 4 if I'd had enough to drink.

This, on the other hand, is definitely Box 1 :P

pink_divine.jpg

1st time Troop has broken 80 in many, many years....Congrats!

Last time the Troopers broke 80 was at the 1995 World Championships Semis with a score of 80.7.

That's just dandy BHandMom. Now that you're so smart, how about sharing with the rest of us in the dark the "meaning of Box 5"....... Please and Thank You :worthy:

Sorry!! My son told me it's the next level up on the judge's scoring sheet. 18 and over is Box 5.

Hey, it was way past my bedtime! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :worthy:

Feh. I'd put her in Box 3 - maybe Box 4 if I'd had enough to drink.

This, on the other hand, is definitely Box 1 :P

pink_divine.jpg

umm... she is the singer of a band called Box 5.

She's a talented singer... but she's barely breaking into Box 3 in terms of 'visual'.

Here's a more legit Box 4...

volochkova_4.jpg

face72.jpg

Brass

news_anastasia_6.jpg

Percussion

1178s.jpg

even Narration

She's the former soloist with the Bolshoi ballet.

She's a Box 4, as I don't dig blondes. :)

umm... she is the singer of a band called Box 5.

face72.jpg

Brass

what is she doing with that horn? :doh: