Webcast

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so its going to be posted to en corps, but is that a feature you have to pay for?

No, its going to get posted to enCorps for those that might not be able to watch it at the time they air it, because people might have to leave and go to work or whatever.

It'll be shown as a webcast later today.

ok, so if you aren't a platinum member, then you can only see the Div II/III non-finalist if you pay for individual DVDs (which are what $10-20 EACH?) or buy a platiunum membership for $100.

doesn't seem all that right to me

So what happens if you are not a Platinum member and cannot get Encorps? How will we see it?

We are wondering that too. We want to see the show but don't want to put out the $89 for a platinum membership. We want to see how well Dutch Boy is going to do!!

Good luck from Hamilton.

Suggestion: In addition to refunding the money for those who paid specifically for this webcast and posting the show on enCorps, it would be a great act of goodwill if DCI would offer free APDs of all the performances to anyone who paid for the webcast or any who are Platinum members. It's all about customer service, and given the problems this summer, I think DCI needs to go above and beyond the "we'll refund your money and let you see them several days after they've performed" stance.

I have to say regardless of encorps this year has been below the standard that was set last year with season pass. I paid for season pass last year and not only was I impressed with the coverage they gave. I am sorry but this is below, way below what they had last year. I am missing the chance to see these great kids perform. If this happens for Semi-Finals....I dont know what i will do.

Bull ####!

Otter bull ####!

The rules changes that they put in had no correlation with destroying the Div. II/III corps. That is simply stupid. They were meant to allow those who could afford them the ability to be more flexible with show design and implementation of ideas.

Ok. Let's see how many corps make Finals without using amplification. It is a requirement to compete at that level now.

I didn't say it meant they were destroying Div II/III. I used that as evidence that they only care about the top units.

I have a feeling that the technical difficulties have to do with the bandwidth. More people signed up then expected? The video quality died down somewhat when they showed Spirit after the first downtime.

hmm...